Engineering Machine Shop - Khon Kaen.

MartinL

Some time in the future - and it might be many, many months away - I want to fit a new front brake caliper to my bike. It will mean having an adapter plate made to match caliper to fork mountings.

I'd do the alignment and measurement work myself then put everything into a CAD drawing.

Does anybody know of a GOOD machine shop in the Khon Kaen area - I'm 80 km south of KK city - that might be able to do the machining from a drawing? It'd need drilling and milling work.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for that, TG. I'll take you up on it when the time comes.

Haven't bought the caliper yet but know spacing of mountings on fork leg and caliper, just have to sort out the correct alignment to get the caliper sitting properly on the disc.

2 hours-ish N of KK puts you between Udon and Nong Khai. My stepson works in Kumphawapi, lives about 30 km east of there so not far off our route when visiting the grandkids.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Thanks a lot for that, TG. I'll take you up on it when the time comes.

Haven't bought the caliper yet but know spacing of mountings on fork leg and caliper, just have to sort out the correct alignment to get the caliper sitting properly on the disc.

2 hours-ish N of KK puts you between Udon and Nong Khai. My stepson works in Kumphawapi, lives about 30 km east of there so not far off our route when visiting the grandkids.

Cheers.

Correctomondo.

Best route to me is actually via Kumpawapi from KK as you then miss Udon out.

• Like 2