Handling Money

I've been told that even if an expat has a work permit, the expat is not allowed to handle money. As a security measure the owner of the business wants me to count the day's receipts.  So is it true that this would be a violation of visa regulations? Or did this used to be the case but is no longer?

One of my titles is

10 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

In your work permit, what is your job title?

I have several that describe my function. The relevant one, if it is relevant is this: 

image.png.30458867cc1d482ba31137f4d29beafb.png taking care of the store.

Edited by bristolboy

"Taking care of the store" would seem to be a broad-enough job description to include totting-up the day's takings. There would have to be a lot of splitting of hairs by Immigration or Labour to deny you that function.

• Like 1

You can count money and you can handle investments also - just the owner is thai that's all 

For example you run a restaurant as long you have a thai partner you can even be a waiter just have to do it by the book - my friend is running one in bangkok for many years and handles all customers he just has a thai partner that's all.

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

You can count the money. 

What you can not do is receive money from customers. 

That's professions reserved for Thais. 

exactly. you can count the money at the end of the day. but DON'T receive money from your customers. 

• Like 1