Fossil of new 80 million year old carnivorous dinosaur discovered in Thailand

rooster59

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

I enjoyed that. As things advance in all fields it really is pointless to stand firm on what you were taught/learned at school/university.

I suppose Darwin kick started the whole thing and it just keeping better as time goes on.

I was fascinated the first time I saw a programme on puppy dogs. The pups of all different breeds all look exactly the same when newly born, maybe the colour is different but that's about it. Takes a while for the breed characteristics to appear.

Edit

Wolf and labrador pups.

images (27).jpeg

images (25).jpeg

Couldn't att' this one yesterday.

images (28).jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, nev said:

I like how they can pin point right down to an even 80 million years ago, not 79 million or 82 million, Just a question is it just a stab in the dark or can car on dating be this precise.

Carbon Dating !,...what's a million years plus or less,...??? we ware not there.

Carbon Dating.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 7:07 AM, thasoss said:

80,000,000 year old?....who comes up with this crap

Have you ever been to a museum or do you believe the world was made in 6 days. Why is this figure crap to you? Because its a Thai story so you wish to belittle it? I have not seen this story refutes by any other scientific authorities in the world. Just Thai bashers keen to mock and ridicule all things Thai.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:47 AM, soalbundy said:

His secondary school education at the Catholic school of archeology told him so

No such institution.  And catholics do not believe in a literal interpretation of the bible and do believe in science. They might have odd spiritual beliefs but they still believe in the existence of dinosaurs. 

23 minutes ago, Xaos said:

They all plaster cement etc. No where u will find real dinosaur bone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/comments/67t1ou/where_can_you_go_to_see_real_dinosaur_bones_since/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

It is true that many dinosaurs have been cast and constructed and I don't think any complete skeletons have been recovered. However there are some notable exceptions: meet Sophie the Stegosaurus at the Natural History Museum (85% original).

A weighty specimen: Sophie the Stegosaurus (pictured) is the worldâs most complete specimen of the instantly recognisable dinosaur, with 85 per cent of its skeleton intact. Now experts have used computer models to calculate the armoured animal weighed 3,527lbs (1,600kgs)