Application LINE How to backup photos to PC

lungbing

My wife uses LINE and sends  photos to me.  I have put the ones I want to keep in  albums but I want to back them up to my PC.

Has anybody any idea how to do this please?  Google it and they waffle on about chats backup but not albums.

Thanks a lot.

I use the LINE application on my Apple desktop, but I'm pretty sure there's also a Windows version.  Download the appropriate version, and log into you LINE account in the application on your desktop.  I'm not sure if it will automatically synchronize all you old messages and photos.  It's been quite a few years since I did this process.

If your old photos are not automatically shown in your desktop account, then you may have to download them on your phone and use another method (email?) to get them to your desktop.

If they do show up, then you are given the option to Download or Keep each photo.  LINE only keeps them available for a limited time and after that I'm not sure how to recover them.

Happy archiving!

I installed LINE for PC and had to add a password and email address to my Android based account before I could log in from my PC account and synchronise them.  After that it was easy just downloading to my PC from the PC version of LINE.   But from Android to PC I still  don't know if you can because the photos don't appear to be on the phone itself.  But my photos are secure now.  Thanks for suggesting  LINE for PC, gamb00ler.

As Line reduces all pictures sent in quality/size (including removing meta data so you lose location info) I have given up storing them on my PC.  Instead I allow them to automatically backup to Google Photos. Its free as line pictures fall well below Photos size threshold. Also easy to access from a PC or any other internet connected device. Plus Photos using facial recognition allows sorting by people and it has albums.  

Any decent pictures your wife takes I would get her to email them to you in original format.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, gamb00ler said:

I use the LINE application on my Apple desktop, but I'm pretty sure there's also a Windows version.  Download the appropriate version, and log into you LINE account in the application on your desktop.  I'm not sure if it will automatically synchronize all you old messages and photos.  It's been quite a few years since I did this process.

If your old photos are not automatically shown in your desktop account, then you may have to download them on your phone and use another method (email?) to get them to your desktop.

If they do show up, then you are given the option to Download or Keep each photo.  LINE only keeps them available for a limited time and after that I'm not sure how to recover them.

Happy archiving!

Same, I have LINe on my phone and on my notebook, easy to install and automatically various options to save photos etc.

If I go to another country where it's not so easy to use LINe on your mobile to call home to Thailand (or anywhere), then so easy to use it (as a phone) on your notebook. Used it many times like this.