VIDEO: Crazed machete wielding farang terrifies neighbours in Pattaya

rooster59

VIDEO: Crazed machete wielding farang terrifies neighbours in Pattaya

1563012032556.jpg

Image: 77Kaoded

A foreign man in Pattaya has been filmed threatening his neighbours with a machete.

In a series of shocking incidents which took place earlier this week, the unnamed foreigner has left his neighbours fearing for their lives.

Footage of the incidents were shared to Facebook by Jamjuree Jinuntuya, who owns a motorbike repair shop on Kasetsin Soi2 Pattaya, next to where the machete wielding man lives.

Ms Jinuntuya told Channel 7 News that the man became annoyed after he thought that his neighbours had left garbage outside his house. There was also an issue with a motorbike being left outside the property and he complained that water from washing machine used by laundry shop next door had seeped into his house. 

The neighbours, who deny the man’s claims, say the quarrel with the man escalated from an exchange of words to verbal threats before he later appeared armed with a machete.

If you're offended by strong language, don't watch this video

In one of the clips the man can be seen on the roof of his house threatening the neighbors below. 

By this time the police are in attendance but are unable to get the man off the roof.

The man can later be heard threatening to cut someone’s head off.

The man also seems to be accusing people of using drugs near his property.

In another clip the man can be seen rampaging down the road with the machete before being confronted by a Thai man armed with a large stick.

Despite being armed with a machete and threatening to kill people, Channel 7 reported that the police were unable to detain the man, who eventually got down from the roof only to lock himself inside the property.

Neighbours contacted various Thai news outlets to report the situation and lack of police intervention. 

It’s not known if the man has since been arrested.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-14

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a doofus... Had to have been out of his rocker loaded with anger fueled by some kind of high, otherwise why would you do this to your neighbours the very same people you're supposed to live among them, these Thai will not forget it and one night a bunch of them will crack your head open machete or no machete...

13 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Another one, at least this one kept his clothes on. Deport and blacklist the moron.

Unfortunately they can't. Threatening someone (even with a machete in your hands) is not considered a crime in Thailand. Enjoy.

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

What a doofus... Had to have been out of his rocker loaded with anger fueled by some kind of high, otherwise why would you do this to your neighbours the very same people you're supposed to live among them, these Thai will not forget it and one night a bunch of them will crack your head open machete or no machete...

i believe him in his complaints, and he wanted to intimidate them into not littering his property.

he cant speak proper thai and they cant speak proper english,

alas he resorted to gestures to get his point through

41 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

the man can be seen on the roof of his house

I thought foreigners were not allowed to own property in Thailand. 

Best for this guy to move to another location, he will not find anyone to be "neighborly" after this

44 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

Unfortunately they can't. Threatening someone (even with a machete in your hands) is not considered a crime in Thailand. Enjoy.

That guy broke all kinds of laws: threatening someone with bodily harm, creating a public disturbance, threatening a police officer with bodily harm, resisting arrest. In the video with sound he's threatening the cops not his neighbors. Can't pin down his accent. Canadian? Australian? NZ? Irish?

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-misdemeanors-sections-390-398/

11 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

That guy broke all kinds of laws: threatening someone with bodily harm, creating a public disturbance, threatening a police officer with bodily harm, resisting arrest. In the video with sound he's threatening the cops not his neighbors. Can't pin down his accent. Canadian? Australian? NZ? Irish?

Sounds Canadian I think, maybe Irish. Either drugs or mental issues I would think.

49 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-misdemeanors-sections-390-398/

And waving a machete without a work permit.....occupation reserved for Thais.:coffee1:

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Despite being armed with a machete and threatening to kill people, Channel 7 reported that the police were unable to detain the man,

Aren't Pattaya Plod wonderful!  Now if he'd rolled 60 cms over a white line at 1 kms an hour, 12 of them would have him banged up in no time. 

Thats alot of cops! Maybe 10.

Obviously they had no idea what to do so departed empty handed.

Probably won't return either unless the farang goes berserk again at which time they will grab him.

He could cop a significant fine for threatening them even though they couldn't understand him.

He should leave Thailand.Obviously the booze and fake women have sent him nuts.

Just another lunatic, that Thailand don´t need. Thanks for building on the foreign reputation in Thailand. If I was the man with the stick, I would have used it for the worst kind of rectoscopy ever made. On the other hand, I have an excuse. I´m not a doctor.

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

I can't get rid of the feeling that he had enough of his neighbors. 

yes but there are avenues for redress. hope he is not mowed down by his neighbours - has happened before with this kind of aggressive guys.

A lot of things can get you upset in Thailand. I was in situations where I lost my temper too. So I feel empathy for him. But of course there are better ways than climbing on the roof with a machete and threatening the neighbors below.

I see a man who needs psychological help.

Archived