VIDEO: Crazed machete wielding farang terrifies neighbours in Pattaya

rooster59

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we cast this guy as a lunatic, perhaps we should be asking, what drove him to this insanity.  We've all had our moments of feeling overwhelmed in Thailand.  Yes, it's not our country, yes we are suppose to self censor and yes it seems to slip when an event and a bad mix of intoxicants can't seem to take the edge off.  Most rant to family and friends, but there are some that the life of expat surpasses self control.  These kind of events, which sometime end in death, need to be shared widely.  The expat life is not all smiles and sweetness. It has a dark side, that many can overlook, but some cannot, they loose control. 

Well at least the motorbike parked in front of his house got moved by the cops.

You have to appreciate and applaud Thai cops for their patience in most situations. He's lucky he is not in America. All the cops, on the scene, would glady empty their guns, reload and empty them again while he is on the ground. Then they would seek hospitalization for mental stress.

8 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

Well at least the motorbike parked in front of his house got moved by the cops.

You have to appreciate and applaud Thai cops for their patience in most situations. He's lucky he is not in America. All the cops, on the scene, would glady empty their guns, reload and empty them again while he is on the ground. Then they would seek hospitalization for mental stress.

I suspect, based on his own rants, that he was OK with “suicide by cop”. He was taunting them to shoot him. Whatever has happened to this guy, he has now lost the plot and needs to leave. He is likely suffering from serious depression. He will likely lose his “investment” since its probably in his estranged wife name (he made mention of handing out money to someone all the time). He is done there and will get zero support from the locals.

Already on the Thai news yesterday. My wife said something about him staying there a long time (many many years) in that place. He is bonkers now, but realistically from my personal Thailand adventures at a couple of places, I will confirm that Thai seriously overstep their boundaries on so many levels all the time and think thinking nothing of it. He probably tried to confront his gripes many times only resulting him to go hot-head, and so I would pretty sure think that this escalated him to his craziness yielding a machete and threatening all the neighbors, as Thai can be the greatest agitators belittling people as they join together. He will certainly need to watch his back and certainly needs to move now if he doesn't get kicked out as a menacing threat to society.

Did he say something to the effect: "she used drugs in the same room as my daughter and stayed in there for a month without a changing table or changing the diapers once and all she wanted was money, money ?"  I wonder if he's been through the ringer with a POS wife and life--Maybe he can't go back because of the child and he's losing his mind. 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a doofus... Had to have been out of his rocker loaded with anger fueled by some kind of high, otherwise why would you do this to your neighbours the very same people you're supposed to live among them, these Thai will not forget it and one night a bunch of them will crack your head open machete or no machete...

Wow, do you have the lottery numbers, as well?

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

That guy broke all kinds of laws: threatening someone with bodily harm, creating a public disturbance, threatening a police officer with bodily harm, resisting arrest. In the video with sound he's threatening the cops not his neighbors. Can't pin down his accent. Canadian? Australian? NZ? Irish?

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-misdemeanors-sections-390-398/

Sounds very American to me.

Thai people do it all the time ! Whats the big deal when a foreigner does it ?  If you honk your horn at a car the driver  might get out with machete in hand. Its a standard piece of gear for Thai drivers !!

55 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Before we cast this guy as a lunatic, perhaps we should be asking, what drove him to this insanity.  We've all had our moments of feeling overwhelmed in Thailand.  Yes, it's not our country, yes we are suppose to self censor and yes it seems to slip when an event and a bad mix of intoxicants can't seem to take the edge off.  Most rant to family and friends, but there are some that the life of expat surpasses self control.  These kind of events, which sometime end in death, need to be shared widely.  The expat life is not all smiles and sweetness. It has a dark side, that many can overlook, but some cannot, they loose control. 

Well after reading your post I thought your punchline may have been - He needs to go to church and repent his sins.  ????????

but it wasn't so therefore - He needs to go to jail and empty the bins????

Archived