Freighting goods from UK to Thailand

I am looking at importing goods from England to Thailand.

At first I am looking at just sending a pallet at a time of goods such as used commercial catering equipment (ice cream machines and coffee machines etc.)

Shipping is sufficient to keep the cost down.

I can deliver the pallet to a UK port and I can collect the pallet from a Thai port (preferably around Bangkok area).

Anyone have any contacts or suggestions for this?

And any idea how much a pallet is to freight to Thailand.

If there is no such service, I might consider buying a container and offer a pallet service back and forth from the UK to Thailand when the container is full.

Do you think there could be a demand for this?

I looked at shipping a crate from the UK which included 2 desktop computers (powerful gaming ones), 4 huge PC monitors, a bicycle (expensive BMC hybrid), all of my tools and DIY stuff, plus some other crap from my garage and kitchen, needless to say very heavy. Quote door to door was just under 500 GBP, so I just sold the stuff and took the money to Thailand.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the Thai authorities might want to charge you a lot for importaing commercial catering machinery.

I gave up after sending a small parcel here, 52gbp shipping paid in the UK, they charged me 37% of 110gbp on the shipping! worked out as had to pay over 75% of what I was sending as duty. Never again....????

Archived