Blacklisted Indian nabbed at Chonburi immigration using a new passport

webfact

Blacklisted Indian nabbed at Chonburi immigration using a new passport

426635-1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Chonburi immigration arrested an Indian man on Thursday after he applied for an extension of stay and a change of visa.

He wanted to open up a business in Thailand. 

Biometrics discovered that the man was Manish, 29, who had been deported in September of last year after overstaying in Thailand by 1,549 days. 

He had been blacklisted for ten years.

He had altered his name to Maneesh, aged 30, and changed other personal details on a new passport. 

Acting immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chiungduang and his teams announced the arrest on Monday.

Naew Na said that Manish was fined 5,000 baht and will be deported again. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-16

24035.jpg

Just now, RobboR said:

Just shows how crap the systems are in Thailand.

He'll be back in a few weeks with a new passport, only this time he won't go to immigration to extend his stay

He was caught, arrested and will be deported...that's "crap", really?

33 minutes ago, RobboR said:

Only because he went to get an extension. 

How did he get back into the country?

Thought that thing was impossible with Thailand's 4.0 high tech wizardry.

He probably re-entered before this biometric system were enforced at all airports. Deported and blacklisted persons are fingerprinted and this perhaps explains why his fingerprints were already on the immigration system.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How was he caught? Fingerprints?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only a guess but for Non B extensions, they take your photo every year. Quite possibly this is when system matched the 2 faces into one

some people seem VERY eager to show off police work results, even for small cases like the driving license agent and the overstaying Indian.

look at all the work and money that has gone into producing these boards.

15 hours ago, RobboR said:

Do you think he had to give his fingerprints at immigration when he went for his extension?

Unlikely, someone from India posted recently about Chonburi immigration requiring him to go get fingerprinted, Sri Racha was mentioned. 

I wonder if the large number of Indians coming to Thailand will bring with it a large number of similar people. 

17 hours ago, RobboR said:

Just shows how crap the systems are in Thailand.

He'll be back in a few weeks with a new passport, only this time he won't go to immigration to extend his stay

And so it begins with the influx of quality tourists from India

On 7/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Isaanbiker said:

Or how easy it is to make a fake Indian passport. 

If it had been a fake or altered Passport I am sure he would have been charged with using a fake passport as the Thaisa hot on this.

It really does bring into question India's security of issue of passports, I know one could easily change ones name legally   ...but date of birth???

I am sure India would really protest if it's nationals were singled out for extra security checks at airports and ports.

Archived