Foreign travel during consideration period.

Hi folks. Does someone out there know the answer to this one?

I am on a marriage extension and due to apply for my next one in 10 days with a 45 day lead time.

I have some important business to attend to next month and will have to leave the country for about a week.

So, simple question. Is foreign travel, using a re-entry permit allowed during the 'consideration period?'

No problem, you will need a new re-entry permit once you have your "under consideration" stamp and must be back before the end of the consideration period.

Check the incoming officer knows that you want to be stamped for the re-entry not (the possibly longer) visa exempt period. Last time I arrived in this situation the officer asked if I really wanted to be stamped for just 2 days ????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

No problem, you will need a new re-entry permit once you have your "under consideration" stamp and must be back before the end of the consideration period.

Check the incoming officer knows that you want to be stamped for the re-entry not (the possibly longer) visa exempt period. Last time I arrived in this situation the officer asked if I really wanted to be stamped for just 2 days ????

That's great. Thanks Crossy. And thanks also for the tip about the entry stamp. I'll keep that very much in mind. ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So, simple question. Is foreign travel, using a re-entry permit allowed during the 'consideration period?'

Yes, but it’s a good idea to let them know the dates you’re away when you apply in case they want to do a home visit.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, elviajero said:
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:15 AM, Moonlover said:

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, elviajero said:

Yes, but it’s a good idea to let them know the dates you’re away when you apply in case they want to do a home visit.

Thanks for that. They usually come during the first week following the application, which won't affect my plans. but just in case Madam Moon will have a chat with them. She gets on very well with the staff there.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:07 PM, cornishcarlos said:

This is why guys working off shore rotation gigs can't get extensions based on marriage and were relying on the multi entry Non Imm O, which seem to be on the way out !!! I really hope the near by consulates don't stop offering them ????

Yep, this is a subject that is very close to my heart now that they wont issue the O class (Multi) in London.

I am now going to start to rely on getting this type of visa in the region. If they stop it then it could feasibly completey change my life and my ability to remain in Thailand.

16 years here and married for 4, but getting very concerned that I will soon be unable to get a visa to suit my needs.

• Like 1