How do clinics/hospitals check for throat STDs ?

Bonobojt

I’m just curious on how do hospitals and sexual health clinics check for throat STDs here in Bangkok. In the UK we do throat swabs. But I’ve never really been offered or heard of that happening here, normally they only advertise blood and urine. But surely they are aware you can get STDs in the throat, how do they check for it ?

I received oral sex from a Ladyboy friend (not prostitute) on Monday so that’s why I’m asking. She only mentioned she got tested blood and urine and was clean. 

They are poor at testing for that here. I had throat gonorrhea which was only diagnosed after a throat swab in the UK. At a hospital in Pattaya the doctor said tonsillitis, didn't even suggest getting a throat swab.

A urine test can be negative but throat swab positive, I'm not even sure doctors here even realise

I’ve spoken to the ladyboy and yes she is clueless. Her mindset is no symptoms, feel normal, I must be clean. She just doesn’t get it even though I explained it to her. My new rule is no more blowjobs in this country. You would think in the year 2019, Thailand would know something so simple to understand..

anyway, my dick just feels a little bit off 4 days after receiving oral. Nothing too serious. Could be something else,. I’ll get a urine test done in 2 weeks 

I’ve spoken to the ladyboy and yes she is clueless. Her mindset is no symptoms, feel normal, I must be clean. She just doesn’t get it even though I explained it to her. My new rule is no more blowjobs in this country. You would think in the year 2019, Thailand would know something so simple to understand..
anyway, my dick just feels a little bit off 4 days after receiving oral. Nothing too serious. Could be something else,. I’ll get a urine test done in 2 weeks 
Non-Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU) is doing the rounds here apparently, not easy to get rid of a doctor told me

Archived