25 Year Old German Student At Ramkamheng Killed

jdinasia

A 25-year-old German student enrolled at Bangkok's Ramkhamheng University was found dead in his rented apartment, police said Thursday.

Following a homicide report at 10am yesterday, Hua Mark police rushed to Ritthirat Apartment in Soi Ramkhamhaeng 30 to find German student Ronny Ulbrich, 25, with serious head injuries, lying naked in a poll of blood in his sixth-floor rented room, which showed signs of struggles. <continues>

The Nation http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30029381

A 25-year-old German student enrolled at Bangkok's Ramkhamheng University was found dead in his rented apartment Thursday from a blow to the head, police said.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sompop Tunpolngam said the victim had been identified as Ronny Ulbrich of Stralsund, a Baltic coastal city. His body was found in his apartment near the university, where Ulbrich had been enrolled in the international programme since 2004.<continues>

BangkokPost http://www.bangkokpost.co.th/breaking_news...s.php?id=117449

25 Year Old German Student Killed In Ram, gay guy that was on gay.com

You made the title over dramatic and rather misleading.

It was worded so that it sounded like he was killed at the university.

Ummm no ... if I had meant that I would have said ... "Killed at R.U." or AT RAM .... but since he was killed in the Ram area ... I used the appropriate words. <but nice contribution!>

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I feel for this kid's parents! They will be learnign way too much about their son, and after he is dead! a very sad thing!

many of us knew him in person.

he posted his foto hundreds of times on the numerous gay Thai websites. and probably had a different guy every night.

even he was so young at 25, he always lied about his age, saying he is 20.....

anyway, nobody deserves such thing, may he rest in peace and condolences to his family where they probably dont know anything about his lifestyle....

I am sure, the murderer will be caught quickly....

many of us knew him in person.

he posted his foto hundreds of times on the numerous gay Thai websites. and probably had a different guy every night.

even he was so young at 25, he always lied about his age, saying he is 20.....

anyway, nobody deserves such thing, may he rest in peace and condolences to his family where they probably dont know anything about his lifestyle....

I am sure, the murderer will be caught quickly....

I didn't know him in person only from gay.com and the thai language websites etc. I think it is a HUGE (and inappropriate) comment to assume that he had a different guy every night! Yes he lied about his age. (I thought that was odd being only 25)

I don't really think is fair to judge his life style. here in Bangkok a bunch of heterosexual guys take different girls to their places every night, what is the difference? in between a guy taking girls, and a guy taking guys? not much. aids doesnt look for homosexuals only, so I think his life style is not the matter here. no one should talk about it. please people, show some respect for a young boy who was murdered.

:o

A 25-year-old German student enrolled at Bangkok's Ramkhamheng University was found dead in his rented apartment, police said Thursday.

Following a homicide report at 10am yesterday, Hua Mark police rushed to Ritthirat Apartment in Soi Ramkhamhaeng 30 to find German student Ronny Ulbrich, 25, with serious head injuries, lying naked in a poll of blood in his sixth-floor rented room, which showed signs of struggles. <continues>

The Nation http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30029381

A 25-year-old German student enrolled at Bangkok's Ramkhamheng University was found dead in his rented apartment Thursday from a blow to the head, police said.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sompop Tunpolngam said the victim had been identified as Ronny Ulbrich of Stralsund, a Baltic coastal city. His body was found in his apartment near the university, where Ulbrich had been enrolled in the international programme since 2004.<continues>

BangkokPost http://www.bangkokpost.co.th/breaking_news...s.php?id=117449

I dont care who or what he was, Please please please just let him RIP.

No one deserves This kind of Death.

Regards Tony

What a shame to see this young man brutally murdered like this. Though I didn't know him, I had seen him on various websites and in chat rooms as well. I do hope they find the murderous SOB. I must agree with others here, who really cares if he is gay. :o A brutal murder such as this saddens the heart.

RIP

"I corrected the topic title so that no one can argue they misunderstood. "

No misunderstanding here, but it's interesting that you felt it necessary to identify his sexual orientation. Why? When there was a thread of 2 Russian women killed, at no point were they identified as "straight" or "lesbian".

No misunderstanding here, but it's interesting that you felt it necessary to identify his sexual orientation. Why? When there was a thread of 2 Russian women killed, at no point were they identified as "straight" or "lesbian".

would be a bit odd for a straight guy to be on gay.com....anyway, it all sounds very tragic. :-(

would be a bit odd for a straight guy to be on gay.com....anyway, it all sounds very tragic. :-(

Actually, the topic title was edited to correct a misunderstanding about the man being a student at Ramkamhaeng, not about his sexual orientation. :o

In Khaosod .co.th , the story is that his boyfriend killed him…because he found out that the victim was allegedly hiv pos

as what I know he was NOT HIV-pos. they did a testing last night after finding the body..... but this will be certainly confirmed from an official side soon.

I know some more details but can not talk about it here at this stage (but I am VERY sure the murderer will be identified quickly), so we all have to wait until authorities make official statements

Edited by THAILIBAN

The manager article said that his notebook and Playstation 3 were stolen.

I think that the main motivation was not theft, but it is not impossible.

My guess is Russian Mafia.

Was he involved with russians? Did he had any connections with the russian mafia? Do you really think the russian mafia would be interested in a notebook and a PS3? :o

Was he involved with russians? Did he had any connections with the russian mafia? Do you really think the russian mafia would be interested in a notebook and a PS3? :D

According to some posters, the Russian Mafia is involved in everything :o

Was he involved with russians? Did he had any connections with the russian mafia? Do you really think the russian mafia would be interested in a notebook and a PS3? :D

According to some posters, the Russian Mafia is involved in everything :D

Yeah, right...I think they are also responsible for the early coup :o:D

Very sad news RIP :D

However, that's what you can get while messing around with the wrong crowd :o

Yes Very sad ... horrid for the family! but what "wrong crowd" are you meaning and why would it warrant a :D ????

What a horrible way to die.

This is a crime, however, and the facts about the victim's life are relevant. This guy wasn't your everyday farang gay in Thailand. He was actively on the selling end of the prostitution game here in Thailand. This is more or less public info now; if it is new to you, so be it.

I think the bottom line is that many farangs do invite strangers back to our homes in Thailand, and this carries the risk of crime here just like anywhere in the world. Meeting people on the internet is probably particularly risky.

Edited by Jingthing

Why did OP feel the need to write "the gay guy from gay.com"... that seems totally unnessecary and as though OP was hoping to discuss that fact... OP, go to gay.com and discuss it there if that is what you want.

In this guys case, it is not that he was gay, but that he was extremely promiscuous and also working as a prostitute.

As we all know, that job in Thailand is supposed to be for Thai nationals only (said with irony).