Phuket: Tourist stabbed in the neck - it was something he said

rooster59

Phuket: Tourist stabbed in the neck - it was something he said

stab.JPG

Image: Daily News

A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after he said something derogatory in English to his wife. 

Pol Capt Somkiat Sarasit of the Chalong constabulary who was first on the scene at the end of Soi Ta-iat Soi 12 last night found Mahmoud Abbas, 30, with a seven centimeter gash and blood everywhere.

Waiting to be arrested with the stainless steel knife in his hand was Surachai Raksap, 32.

Mr Abbas, an Egyptian, was rushed to Vachira Phuket hospital after receiving first aid at the scene.

Surachai said he had arrived with his wife and children to sell rotis outside the convenience store. 

Three tourists came and ordered rotis. One of them made a rude sexual suggestion in English to his wife. 

So he grabbed the knife that was lying about and went for the man's neck. 

His face was a picture of stress, reported Daily News, as he was led away to the cells on a charge of attempted murder. 

Exactly what was said in the encounter that led to the attack was not reported. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-20

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

One of them made a rude sexual suggestion in English to his wife. 

I wonder how proficient the roti seller is in English? What one man says, quite possibly in jest, may have been misunderstood, though it still shows a very fragile ego to subsequently stab someone in the neck over something so minor, especially in front of his kids.

19 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Surachai said he had arrived with his wife and children to sell rotis outside the convenience store. 

19 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

So he grabbed the knife that was lying about and went for the man's neck.

Nice one.

I'm sure the kids appreciated the show.

Dad stabs customer. Led away to the cells.

Mum now makes the Rotis.

Granny looks after the kids.

Kids are the next future dysfunctional generation.

Best not to make any comments when the man has

a knife to hand,.........maybe he just said How much

do you charge......meaning Roti, yes might be a misunderstanding.????

regards Worgeordie

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i would risk a knife in the neck if we had just one woman in Hua Hin worth the trouble.

Is this so NC...... ? When I lived there after arriving in LoS in 2005 I thought there were one or two very pretty ladies along Soi Bintabaht , this was after leaving my wife behing in England.  I did decide after a while that one has been in the LoS too long when ladyboys start looking prettier though.

I’ve been coming here many years before relocating permanently. I’ve been sober, drunk & high and somewhere in between but not once have I ever had any issue, bad words spoken or antagonised any Thai to the point of violence. 

People are always ‘misunderstood’ after they get stabbed in the neck 555

1 hour ago, reefsurfah said:

No misunderstanding here, you don't try that in front of one man's wife and kids.  Dumbass egyptian.  

Yes but an "<deleted>" and a kick where it hurts, by the vendor would have been the smarter mover....but smart is difficult to find around here.

Reminds me a long time back when I wanted a tow bar fitted to my car, and the fitter wanted to cut a hole in my bumper. I said "<deleted>&$ that". Thinking I was using the f word AT him he proceeding to shove, kick and punch until he was separated from me by his boss. Short fuses + misunderstandings, common.

“A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after he said something derogatory in English to his wife.”

So the roti seller stabbed the tourist because the tourist said something to his own wife? Or to the roti seller’s wife? It’s not clear. Should read:

*A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after the tourist said something derogatory in English to the roti seller’s wife.*

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I feel for the guy in a way. I used to be embarrassed to be a foreigner in areas like Phuket and Pattaya where farangs eye up or think every woman is for sale. But you cant just go around stabbing people in the neck either. Egypt bloke probably made some rude comment thinking the vendor wouldnt understand. Yes the great publicity for Thailand tourism keeps coming. I see all the taxi drivers and touts still fighting each other at bali hai pier. The party is just about over I reckon

Archived