SURVEY: Marijuana – Hope for the sick or an excuse to get high?

Scott

SURVEY: Marijuana – Hope for the sick or an excuse to get high?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Agree with poster futsukayoi, the medicinal benefits come the CBD not from smoking it. I'm sure there are SOME benefits from smoking but the CBD provides more. I think most people who want the medicinal benefits will be using the oil.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. First, there is such a thing as THC oil that is medicinally prescribed for certain conditions. Second, there are also medicinal benefits from smoking cannabis for some conditions. Please don't believe me, check out the facts for yourself.

So Thailand is going to go through the same stupid steps the U.S. went through. They should just skip the medical marijuana part and just legalize it for whatever people want to use it for. When they went with medical marijuana in California the vast majority of people were just using it for recreational purposes so it was a farce. They should just legalize it and get it over with.

7 hours ago, Credo said:

I've always been a little bit suspicious.   Most of the people I know who seem to go after marijuana for medical purposes seem to be really, really knowledgeable about the substance all ready.

I suppose it makes sense to know as much as possible about whatever drugs you take, especially ones the doctors give you.

Why is that suspicious? Sounds rather prudent to me.

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I suppose it makes sense to know as much as possible about whatever drugs you take, especially ones the doctors give you.

Why is that suspicious? Sounds rather prudent to me.

In 2007 in the USSA, there were over 25,000 deaths attributed to prescribed medications. I'm still trying to find a report of someone dying from marijuana in any form; smoke, oil, suppository... ????

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

You don't. LSD is the remedy.

Another substance that seems to have a medicinal purpose ( read some early research about it helping to get out of severe depression ) but the main use is to get funky. Portugal has it right.

2 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

In 2007 in the USSA, there were over 25,000 deaths attributed to prescribed medications. I'm still trying to find a report of someone dying from marijuana in any form; smoke, oil, suppository... ????

Agreed. After decades of intense personal research I have concluded that pot is not harmful (to me).

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Another substance that seems to have a medicinal purpose ( read some early research about it helping to get out of severe depression ) but the main use is to get funky. Portugal has it right.

Portugal does indeed have it right. In 1971, long before the Dutch began their experiment, Portugal legalized, not decriminalized, legalized the possession of any and all drugs for individuals. You are allowed to have a 10-day supply in your possession of whatever drug you want. There is actually a chart explaining how many grams of each drug that is. If you create a 'problem', some sort of public disturbance, crime, etc., their first step is to refer you to an educational film that explains how drugs could be harmful to your health. If you continue to create problems and drugs are involved, there are increasing levels of interaction to help. It is treated as a health issue. Consequently, their prisons aren't overflowing with drug users, unlike the USSA. But don't get caught buying or selling. The penalties are very severe.

5 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

The medically beneficial compound in marijuana is Cannabidol (CBD).  This is readily available in many sources especially hemp.  However no-one is pushing for any of those because they do not contain the psychoactive THC found in marijuana.  People want to legalize marijuana solely to get high.  I don't have a problem with that but claiming it is for medical benefits is a complete lie.

As usual a few get it wrong. There are medicinal versions of cbd that do not make you high. This is usually used for pain relief during the day while working and you cannot be impaired. At night say at bed time the patient will take the version with active thc this helps to sleep when the patient is in extreme pain and the doses of opioid medicine are now to high to be affective except for a few hours. I am relating the medical experience of my daughter who has RA a very painful condition of the immune system. The only lie here is the people who do not know any better but should. The choices for people like my daughter are medicinal pot for pain or narcotic drugs that no longer help with pain after continued use and can cause a addiction.

Just now, moe666 said:

As usual a few get it wrong. There are medicinal versions of cbd that do not make you high. This is usually used for pain relief during the day while working and you cannot be impaired. At night say at bed time the patient will take the version with active thc this helps to sleep when the patient is in extreme pain and the doses of opioid medicine are now to high to be affective except for a few hours. I am relating the medical experience of my daughter who has RA a very painful condition of the immune system. The only lie here is the people who do not know any better but should. The choices for people like my daughter are medicinal pot for pain or narcotic drugs that no longer help with pain after continued use and can cause a addiction.

Which describes my situation; broken back in multiple places, 1/3 of my spine fused top and bottom, never-ending pain, pain, pain. If I took the drugs that they prescribed, I'd be a mindless blob on the sofa. With ganja -- I make my own oil -- and regular massage, I can actually have a fairly normal life. That wouldn't be possible the allopathic (legal drug) way.

Cannot fathom why anybody would care if people want to use it recreationally or not. Certainly not to the extent that they'd be willing to deprive people that could benefit from it medically just to spite people that enjoy it. Just imagine being this sort of person, amazing.

To me the use of medicinal CBD is a no brainer

People who fail to accept the science, are not opening their minds to the blindly obvious alternatives for control of conditions which affect so many people.

The science has been peer reviewed in many countries, over a fairly long period of time.

The matter of recreational cannabis is a separate issue, but since alcohol is legal, despite negative impact on the health systems, the road accident statistics, violence, employee absenteeism, then again removing the criminal elements from recreational supply and use of cannabis seems like a damn good idea. Taxes could be levied as has happened in many states in the USA and other countries, which can benefit infrastructure and society in general

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

As other stuff has already "pointed out", it should be handled like in Holland. I'm just wondering when the first hand rolled Afghani, or Zero Zero from Morocco will be available for the suffering?

Well, will Thailand get back to their roots and produce Thai sticks again

It should be handled like it is in the states of the USA that have legalized it for general adult consumption NOT like in Holland. Huge myth about Holland first and foremost it’s not “ legal” at all. Shops/ owners/ workers/ towns and states in USA make HUGE $$$ on it. Not in Holland. 

My take on this whole facade, is that I have been using the oil for chronic pain for three years now. It has cured my three cancers, yes I am cancer free. The CBD Oil that I used came from alab, not some backyard garage. For every mL, it has 6.25% CBD oil, 2.0mg THC and 10mg Vit E oil. You can even have honey added to make it a bit more palletable. No it does not make you high, but it does significantly reduce pain.

Failing that, in Thailand I use Fentynal for pain.

My problem with Thailand, I have zero faith in the authorities and even less faith in the sincerety of the Police.

If today its legal, 1 hours time it's illegal. Then round up the patients and deport all foreigner users of the oil, legal or not.

Just no trust for the whole process here.

A bunch of potheads mostly with fake reasons to get high.

Big mistake loaded high drivers just adding to the carnage here.

If you are someone who is for this do not complain when they crash into you or God forbid, a family member.

It is a big problem now in the US especially California high drivers getting into major accidents.

Very stupid to even think about allowing weed here.

Archived