Looking For A House...

Wolfie

Moderators: Apologies if this should be in the classifieds, but i guessed it was more appropriate to put it in the phuket section :D

Well my lease is just about up on my lovely gaff in Phuket, and now i'm looking around for something different. :D

I'm ideally looking for a Thai style house, with a reasonable amount of privacy, some out door space and part furnished. Preferably 2 bed rooms, but i can make do with one for the right style house/location. Must have a telephone line, be in Chalong/Rawai area and not asking for a rental figure that looks like a telephone number...

I will consider a farang style house/bungalow and i could go a little further afield than the chalong/rawai area, the important aspects for me is the ability to be able to sit outside on an evening without someone driving/walking past every 5 minutes and staring at me. :o I would also consider an apartment if it had a decent balcony without neighbours 5 meters away, something like a penthouse apartment would be good :D

Anyone have anything like this they might want to rent out to me, or know of anything? I have been driving around but i've not found much that sparks much interest in me.

Any info greatfully appreicated

Hi,

I am living in Kathu, very quiet area, driving with a bike takes 12 minutes to Patong. Next to me is a single house for rent(same landlord as me):

1bedroom, partly furnished, telephone, air, kitchen and living room, house has a wall around and enough garden space. 8000Baht a month.

Interested?

Gerd

Moderators: Apologies if this should be in the classifieds, but i guessed it was more appropriate to put it in the phuket section :D

Well my lease is just about up on my lovely gaff in Phuket, and now i'm looking around for something different.  :D

I'm ideally looking for a Thai style house, with a reasonable amount of privacy, some out door space and part furnished. Preferably 2 bed rooms, but i can make do with one for the right style house/location. Must have a telephone line, be in Chalong/Rawai area and not asking for a rental figure that looks like a telephone number...

I will consider a farang style house/bungalow and i could go a little further afield than the chalong/rawai area, the important aspects for me is the ability to be able to sit outside on an evening without someone driving/walking past every 5 minutes and staring at me.  :o  I would also consider an apartment if it had a decent balcony without neighbours 5 meters away, something like a penthouse apartment would be good  :D

Anyone have anything like this they might want to rent out to me, or know of anything? I have been driving around but i've not found much that sparks much interest in me.

Any info greatfully appreicated

I left this place in Rawai after one month because it didn't have a phone - but the week I left, the landlord said he'd arranged one! Too late, I'd already paid for my new place. His number: 097269964, or 076217954 - Khun Midi - speaks v. little English, his wife's English is a little better. Both are teachers. Very, very nice people. Best if your g/f translates. 10,000 / month (maybe less now). V. quiet, car port, outside veranda, etc. Address: 91 Moo 7, Soi Samakkee 2, Rawai. Can PM me for more info. if interested.

Harry - Budget around the 10,000 mark, slightly less is better for those extra Chang tokens :o

Thaigerd - Kathu is a little further than i wanted to go, but if i cant find anything else i'll come over and take a look :D

RDN - That place sounds ok, i will get the gf to give him a call today...

Thanks chaps, your all invited to the house warming party when i have one :D

RDN - That place sounds ok, i will get the gf to give him a call today...

Let us know how you get on - I also know of another place in Rawai (Soi Cokmakham), but 14,000 per month, which I went to after I left the first place in Rawai. But after two months, bulldozers arrived on the land behind the house and flattened all the bushes and trees and made a little road. The day after, lorries carrying earth started dumping it all over the land ready for building more houses. And that's why I moved from there! But, may be of interest to you. (Owner's name name: Lek (lady) 013968250 or her 'agent' Jub 015368369).

P.S. I now live in Chalong, very quiet area, 5 houses, all farang occupied but Thais live close by. Two farang neighbours have been here for 3 years and an Italian moved here just after me. There are no vacancies here at the moment but one farang is having his own house built so will move out soon - maybe weeks, maybe months.

Hi Thaigerd,

I need to move in a few weeks. I would be interested in the Kathu house as I am living in Kathu already (soi lakeview) and really like living there. Unfortunately the land lady is selling the house. Please give me the phone number of your land lord

Well i spent most of yesterday riding around looking for a place... (love public holidays) and saw lots of houses, nothing that fits the list of requirements and mostly around the 12k mark... Keep the ideas coming as there wasnt anything that struck me as my future home :o

Have you tried Baanboonnada? cool 2 x bedroomed houses available for 12,000 a month if you pay monthly, 9,000 if you pay 3 months in advance. Quiet street behind the Green Mart, opposite the main entrance to Phuket Land and House Park. The owner's a darlin', she kept giving me biscuits and cake. There is also a new development called Best Mansion on the other side of the soi, don't go there - rubbish (brand new and communal pool but very small living area in a butlins style compound for 15,000 a month)

Anyway tel number for Baanboonnada is 076 381 987 and the name is Khun Mayuree, she doesn't speak the english too good mate so you might need a friend to make the call or drop in the office on the corner of the main road (next door to the laundry)

I live in Kata, NN House......Patak Road.....there are some houses for rent now. 7.000 Baht/month. Furnished but no phone line :o

A very nice and quiet area with only farang tenants.

Close to the beach and shopping areas.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes indeed. I have moved into the house next to Gerd and have had the pleasure of meeting his great dog (Max). I still need to meet with Gerd though. I'll buy some beers tonight.

Another update, the job which I posted a few weeks ago has been filled by a fellow member of Thaivisa. Just to show you how usefull Thaivisa can be!

I am wondering if anybody has an update on this to post? House hunting is truly a blood boiling issue here in phuket!

What's the problem Red? Do you find it difficult to find houses for rent? What I did was to go down every small soi, dirt road and muddy track. You'd be surprised how many houses are being built just a few hundred yards from the main roads.

Are you looking in a specific area?

My blood boils because: agreed on a price and owner decide to change it later because I'm farang; or house is nice, but fixtures inside looks like they won't survive the low season; water smells strangely metallic; prospective house surrounded by neighbours' garbage. Looking around Chalong area coz that's where I work. I need 2 bedrooms and phone line for my 'puter. :o

Wolfie, near where I am staying there is an empty house facing the beach, down Chalong right to the pier, turn right into Kan Eng seafood rest. 1 carpark, and proceed further in. First small soi on the left, and you will see 3 white bungalows to your right, all facing the beach.

Each has a bedroom, phone line, a/c in bedroom, kitchen and living. I'm not sure if they are furnished. Price is 7,000 baht per month. Check for house fittings, etc. I hear they are very old now, but the area seemed nice. I also hear one of the bungalows will also be vacated at the end of the month. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
AVAILIABLE NOW , I have a furnished 1 br oceanfront condo in Kata beach

Pool, gym, spa, dsl internet 10,000 bht mo

PM me for details

I need direct telephone line for connect internet

and want to contract just 1 month

Is it ok for u?

my burget is about 10000baht per month

I am looking for house or apartment in phuket

my burget is less than 10000baht per month.

at first ,I plan to stay only 1 month, and after that

if i find that is nice for me, I will continue to stay long month

I can stay at phuke town or beach any location

but I need direct telephone line for connect internet

and if possible there are television and refregirator.

Wolfie, near where I am staying there is an empty house facing the beach, down Chalong right to the pier, turn right into Kan Eng seafood rest. 1 carpark, and proceed further in. First small soi on the left, and you will see 3 white bungalows to your right, all facing the beach.

Each has a bedroom, phone line, a/c in bedroom, kitchen and living. I'm not sure if they are furnished. Price is 7,000 baht per month. Check for house fittings, etc. I hear they are very old now, but the area seemed nice. I also hear one of the bungalows will also be vacated at the end of the month. Hope that helps.

I want to contact to the house priced 7000baht

please inform to me how to contact