Netflix Blocked

Manassas

I have TOT internet with fiber optic cable and good speed. I've been watching Netflix via the built in app on my Samsung TV. All was very easy and convenient.

Now Netflix is blocking me saying to turn off any unblocker or proxy. I'm not a techie and don't use VPN or proxy. Netflix says talk to ISP and TOT says talk to Netflix. Netflix customer service went so far as to advise changing ISP. 

Anyone else with this problem? I saw threads from a couple years ago where this was happening. I'm ready to just cancel Netflix, but I don't know of another movie provider as convenient.

Try tethering your phone to the tv over wifi and see if netflix works. If netflix is 'blocked' over 2 completely different internet lines then you know its a Netflix problem. 

If it works over mobile data, but not your home line, then you know its a problem with your home line. 

I experienced an issue with Netflix since the day they allowed subscription in Thailand.     Before that I was unable to subscribe to it as Netflix detected my browser.

I always wondered how some forum posters claimed to have no issues with Netflix while using a VPN.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Get a different VPN.  Mine works fine.

I know, mine works fine too, but sometimes Netflix gets wise to certain server locations and I have to contact my VPN provider to get the new unblocked server location. 

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I always wondered how some forum posters claimed to have no issues with Netflix while using a VPN.

You have to use a legitimate paid for VPN subscription and it works flawlessly. The free stuff doesn't work all that well. 

13 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

No issue with AIS Fiber and Netflix in LG TV

Edit: but no VPN. Just direct connection to Wifi router.

I've been happily doing the same with my TOT connection and Samsung TV. One click on the TV remote and I've got Netflix. No need to tether to computer. I download some hard to find movies on the laptop. But the TV app is just more convenient for evening TV watching and binge watching serials.

12 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I know, mine works fine too, but sometimes Netflix gets wise to certain server locations and I have to contact my VPN provider to get the new unblocked server location. 

You have to use a legitimate paid for VPN subscription and it works flawlessly. The free stuff doesn't work all that well. 

Is Reliable Hosting®  free?      If so I should be in store for a decent refund.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I found a tip in a thread somewhere and it worked for me. Just go into google settings and deselect automatic configuration.

Have no idea why this worked, but hope it may be of use to somebody else.

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

But thats not a VPN? Its a hosting service.

You might be better served in the future by informing yourself before making erroneous statements.

https://intranet.reliablehosting.com/services/ 

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

To be fair that's against the rules. You are going outside of Thailand Netflix zone and that is probably the problem.

Bob, I hereby nominate you for a Boy Scout merit badge for good citizenship.   ????

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

You might be better served in the future by informing yourself before making erroneous statements.

But you said Netflix wasn't working? And quoted a hosting service as a reason? Then posted another 'hosting service' as a rebuttal? 

And im sitting here watching "Supernatural" on US Netflix within Thailand? 

?? 

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

https://intranet.reliablehosting.com/services/ 

Bob, I hereby nominate you for a Boy Scout merit badge for good citizenship.   ????

Accepted!  I didn't mean it's 'bad' to do it lol  (can I still have my badge please?)   ????️

I meant if it's causing problems

On 7/22/2019 at 8:34 PM, watcharacters said:

I experienced an issue with Netflix since the day they allowed subscription in Thailand.     Before that I was unable to subscribe to it as Netflix detected my browser.

I've been streaming my Netflix account from the US servers for over 2 years now and there hasn't been a single time I have been denied access. That's a fact not a claim. 

The issue seems to be Netflix TH trying to block VPNs accessing foreign content. Their reasons for doing so make no sense. So they have some kind of detection software that often trips over ISP and browser settings making headaches for customers.

With Disney after their customers you would think they would consider subscriber satisfaction more. 

4 minutes ago, Manassas said:

The issue seems to be Netflix TH trying to block VPNs accessing foreign content. Their reasons for doing so make no sense. So they have some kind of detection software that often trips over ISP and browser settings making headaches for customers.

With Disney after their customers you would think they would consider subscriber satisfaction more. 

Before you get a VPN ask them if it works with Netflix. 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:34 AM, watcharacters said:

I have ExpressVPN and a few servers will allow me to play netflix others just don't. So i guess it depends on what server they use.

Archived