Police crackdown seizes M16s, haul of drugs, targets street racers

webfact

Police crackdown seizes M16s, haul of drugs, targets street racers

1563859964_1-org.jpg

The haul of firearms and illegal motorbike exhausts were on display at the Region 8 Police headquarters yesterday (July 22)Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have seized a haul of more than 240 firearms, including two M16 rifles and 1,610 bullets, as well as nearly 600,000 meth pills and more than 8kg of crystal meth in carckdwon lasting only 18 days.

Also targeted in the crackdown was illegal street racing and modified motorbike exhausts.

Region 8 Police Commander Lt Gen Pongwut Pongsri announced the results of the crackdown, which netted more than 2,500 suspects, at a press conference held at the Region 8 Police headquarters, located at the northern tip of Phuket, yesterday (July 22).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-crackdown-seizes-m16s-haul-of-drugs-targets-street-racers-72235.php#9eejEDET0VfOIwDe.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-23

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police have seized a haul of more than 240 firearms, including two M16 rifles and 1,610 bullets, as well as nearly 600,000 meth pills and more than 8kg of crystal meth in carckdwon lasting only 18 days.

did they have a ticket to Vegas?

• 2 weeks later...

1610 bullets for 240 firearms?  Or at the very least, only 238 firearms.  I can see in the picture that there are two possibly three air rifles.  

Is Thailand like Britain and Canada, countries that classify pneumatic type rifles and pistols as firearms?  

1610 for 238 = 6.7 bullets per firearm?  I have more than 2000 rounds of .22 caliber LR and .22 WMR bullets alone.  

I wonder where the M16's came from.  Years ago somewhere in Central or South America some M16's were confiscated from criminals.   The police asked the U.S. for assistance in determining where the rifles came from.  Turns out they were from Vietnam.  

4 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I wonder where the M16's came from.  Years ago somewhere in Central or South America some M16's were confiscated from criminals.   The police asked the U.S. for assistance in determining where the rifles came from.  Turns out they were from Vietnam.  

I've heard Cambodia also 

Archived