Pest control around the house.

PGThompson1

The past couple of years I've used two different companies where they pump a large amount of wet chemicals into the underside of the house, there are two pipes that run through the concrete base, and both stated they would come out on a monthly basis to spray the perimeter of the house and garden.

Unfortunately both companies failed to do this until I chased them up and then they always seemed reluctant to do it as they had already been paid.

Has anyone in Chiang Mai done this as a DIY project?

Any information on the chemicals that I would need plus where to obtain them would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I do it every two months, but have a very edible houss aswell.

Chaindrite 40 is the one you need. You dilute it 40times.

I just buy a 1 litres for 300bt and it does me twice.

I just measure out in a yoghurt pot then fill my sprayer to 6 litres and go.

40 is really for the soil as its very strong but i use it everywhere, posts, eaves, floors.

Be very carful with it, use a mask and goggles and gloves. The fine mist can blow in your eyes and mouth and will quickly have you sweating and overheating.

The sub floor pipes you have can only be done with a pump its a loop and needs to be under pressure to create the spray. Really best to pay the pros for that job and will cost you 1400/1600bt.

Personally i am not concerened about termites under my concrete floors as long as the perimeter is well soaked.

Chiang mai pest charge around 8k a year and includes 12 visits. We used to use them and yes they did need a call because they dont keep records. We stretched our 12 visits out over two years.

The best guy is from CR pest(could be wrong initials) office down Thapae somewhere., knows his stuff but clueless about his own safety.

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Yes I do it every two months, but have a very edible houss aswell.

Chaindrite 40 is the one you need. You dilute it 40times.

I just buy a 1 litres for 300bt and it does me twice.

I just measure out in a yoghurt pot then fill my sprayer to 6 litres and go.

40 is really for the soil as its very strong but i use it everywhere, posts, eaves, floors.

Be very carful with it, use a mask and goggles and gloves. The fine mist can blow in your eyes and mouth and will quickly have you sweating and overheating.

The sub floor pipes you have can only be done with a pump its a loop and needs to be under pressure to create the spray. Really best to pay the pros for that job and will cost you 1400/1600bt.

Personally i am not concerened about termites under my concrete floors as long as the perimeter is well soaked.

Chiang mai pest charge around 8k a year and includes 12 visits. We used to use them and yes they did need a call because they dont keep records. We stretched our 12 visits out over two years.

The best guy is from CR pest(could be wrong initials) office down Thapae somewhere., knows his stuff but clueless about his own safety.

Spraying Chaindrite on the soil around the house will control ants as well?

And what about plants. Is it safe to use around plants, because there are many around the house.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Wandr said:

Spraying Chaindrite on the soil around the house will control ants as well?

And what about plants. Is it safe to use around plants, because there are many around the house.

Thanks.

Yes it controls ants and cockroaches, beetles and even jingjoks will take a hit if they nibble on something sprayed.

chaindrite is a termicide not a herbicide so its safe to use around plants.

I would however be extremely cautious when spraying around your favourite runner beans or other veggies for that fact.

Archived