Visa Exemption at Suvarnabhumi

Hi all,

Here's the sitch: METV visa in 2017-2018, then Non-B as a teacher until May this year, then an SETV extended until the 6th of next month; I would like to go to Ho Chi Minh for 4 days (visit close friends) and come back on a visa exemption stamp to (heaven forbid) secure documents for another non-B (this time employed by a business). It would be ideal if the docs came through before the 6th but it is looking unlikely so I need to cover my ass. Also, I have a blue 'remark' stamped in my passport from Savannakhet, indicating I might be denied a further tourist visa.

My questions: Is this contingency plan likely to succeed? Would doing a land border crossing be any less risky? Would having my Thai gf with me be helpful? (we plan on going together anyway).

Any relevant input would be much appreciated.

Edited by MattyBoy

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

1. Probably yes. But no guarantees.

2. Yes, except when entering via Aranyaprathet or Padang Besar. (Avoid.)

3. Probably not.

Was the blue stamp from Savannakhet because of your 'change' from Non-B to tourist visa?

Yes, just assumed they were strict because I did an 8 month stint on the METV before the non-B.

Thanks for your insight.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have not used your VE border entries could you try one entry at somewhere like friendship bridge. If successful and extend, gives you 60 day to organize docs to support your non B.

Thanks for the follow-up DrJack.

I've never used a VE, but that is not the same as having an ace in the hole (apparently). I received my non-B from Vientiane and the SETV from Savannakhet, would it better to cross over into a country other than Laos? Which spot is best suited?

Edited by MattyBoy

16 minutes ago, MattyBoy said:

Thanks for the follow-up DrJack.

I've never used a VE, but that is not the same as having an ace in the hole (apparently). I received my non-B from Vientiane and the SETV from Savannakhet, would it better to cross over into a country other than Laos? Which spot is best suited?

Laos would still be good.

For crossings to other countries it depends upon where you are staying.

• Like 1