Swiss man in Pattaya clean-up campaign features on national Thai TV

webfact

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

98% of the local population give him something to do!

Why you not help him Jack45k?

Must help together.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, PerkinsCuthbert said:

This guys should be very careful what he does. First rules of the foreigner - don't upset the locals and don't stand out from the crowd. Who knows, the laundry lady who dumps her effluent into the klong may have an axe-murderer brother, or another relation who can't wait to dob him in to the authorities for some minor infringement. 

Wifey says "someone kill him, sure" ????

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, lonewolf99 said:

This is the kind of story and related stories that need to be shown to all these western kids that stop going to school and cry to western politicians about clean air/water/save polar bears. 

This is the reality of the planet. Nearly 8 billion and counting and 90% don't give a flying rats ass about the planet and what they do to it.

The western politicians jump on the bandwagon and announce carbon taxes to make money out of the problem. 

This Swiss guy is as already shown beating his head against the proverbial brick wall. He might also take heed and beware of who he upsets about this in LoS. It could cost him more than his money to clean the mess.

I have given up on humanity. Currently all we hear now is wasting money on going back to the moon. What the hell for? To just go up there and cover it in human crap and plastic? Imagine Tranquility Base covered in what you see in a Thai/Cambodian Klong......nice.

Sounds kind of depressive but that is also why it should be governments enforcing laws, stopping that 90% of the people.
I am sure traffic would been a nightmare in my homecountry too, if we didn't have laws and a trustable police force enforcing those laws. 

Same for many things that can be done better on earth, neither is it even close to as bad as the Media makes it look like.
The real game is that they are after tax payers money, more, this time for the booming Green industry (forcing isolation, solar, wind, electric),
becoming the biggest industry in the century.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I did not retire to Thailand to go around cleaning up after a nation of people who have no consideration for others nor respect for their own country. I had other reasons. 

I am vastly outnumbered.

If not help, can not complain it.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why on Earth not..... I decide futile effort is exactly that and it is up to the nationals to correct these issues. I cannot help with the poor standard of driving either, I can certainly complain about it. Time the locals learned how to wipe their own bottoms!

I think the spray gun cleaner than tissue for that one.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why on Earth not..... I decide futile effort is exactly that and it is up to the nationals to correct these issues. I cannot help with the poor standard of driving either, I can certainly complain about it. Time the locals learned how to wipe their own bottoms!

Quite right and the statement "If not help, can not complain " is from a Thai logic viewpoint and basically is their  "cop out".  Thais don't like to complain anyway. If they did in this instance they could not lose face by doing nothing hence feeling obliged to do something. As they are generally lazy, (hence the litter issue by the OP), what they really mean is "too lazy to help so must not complain". Saving face and doing nothing is better in their eyes than clearing their own rubbish up.

Having said that there are many Thais who are proud of having tidy surroundings and do work hard in keeping their local environment clean and tidy, certainly where I live anyway. Mostly though that is the poorer elements of Thai society that do so as the educated, well off, Elite etc tend to think that cleaning up is beneath them , a job that those type of people consider is only for the "peasants".  It never ceases to amaze me that many Thais spend 10 minutes cleaning their teeth yet will not spend 10 seconds to clean their own toilets.

• Like 1