Caution With The Voa !

Dear all,

If you already have 3 VOA stamps and if you want to come back again. After that you need a 30 days tourist visa + 30 days extension (1900 baht)), AND again 7 DAYS EXTENSION (1900 baht) or few days abroad before coming back without a tourist visa.

I've just been told that by Maesot immigration.

Explanation given:

3 VOA is 90 days + 60 days (Tourist visa)+ 30 days (extention) is alltogether 180 days. Still few days remaining before you can re-enter with a VOA within the period of 6 months which is in fact about 184 days.

Cheers

Edited by Pi Sua
Corrected visa terminology for better unerstanding

Slight correction , if you do a border run and return /enter Thailand on the same day with a 3X30 Visa exempt stamp the Immigration counts this day as 2 .

One day OUT , One day IN , that is why you will not achieve 180days.

You always will be short by 2-3 days.

But you can do 3x30days , Tourist Visa + 30days Extension , a NEW Tourist Visa + 30days extension before start 1 , 2 and 3 again.

Edited by visarunner

Slight correction , if you do a border run and return /enter Thailand on the same day with a 3X30 Visa exempt stamp the Immigration counts this day as 2 .

One day OUT , One day IN , that is why you will not achieve 180days.

You always will be short by 2-3 days.

But you can do 3x30days , Tourist Visa + 30days Extension , a NEW Tourist Visa + 30days extension before start 1 , 2 and 3 again.

You're right.

Of course, you can get another tourist visa (as long as the embassies will accept to do it) but I thought that I did say "or few days abroad before coming back without a tourist visa.

As you can't get a new tourist visa at the Burmese border (Maesot for instance) and have to come back on the same day, it's not so simple. To get a new tourist visa, you've have to cross the all country and face a lot of expenses and a lost of time. When you've got a family and don't reach the one year visa requirements, it's not easy.

If you are heading to Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia, it's not an obligation to come back on the same day, so more options are available....get a new visa or just come back on a VOA; it depends on what you intend to do and how financialy healthy you are....

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Pi Sua

yipp...

just got my nr.3 extension on a multi-touristvisa. (9month)

so i have next month my first VOA.

:o

Hi there,

Could you please explain the precise details and how you went about it. Did you for examply get a 60 day tourist visa to begin with and then extend it by 30 days on 3 occassions? Where did you get the extensions as well - do you have to exit Thailand and re-enter as per the normal border runs or are extensions dealt with differently?

Thanks,

I suspect if he has been here nine months in tourist visa status he had a three entry tourist visa (which is normally valid for six months) and entered 60+30 three times making the last 60 day entry just before his tourist visa six month validity expired. That would provide almost nine months stay (with two exits to activate new entries).

• 2 weeks later...
...and entered 60+30 three times making the last 60 day entry just before his tourist visa six month validity expired. That would provide almost nine months stay (with two exits to activate new entries).

got a triple entry in penang (before :-)

and 3 extensions on the immigration...

after every 2 month and to border for next entry...

can follow ?/ :o

...and entered 60+30 three times making the last 60 day entry just before his tourist visa six month validity expired. That would provide almost nine months stay (with two exits to activate new entries).

got a triple entry in penang (before :-)

and 3 extensions on the immigration...

after every 2 month and to border for next entry...

can follow ?/ :o

Yep, I hear you loud and clear

Thanks