Ducati Thailand

thaiguzzi

If Ducati is closing shops all over Thailand I would think that Ducati Italy will get involved and start asking questions.
Tiumph UK got involved here a few years back I believe and the prices on Bonneville's dropped quite a lot overnight so the head office of origin has the last word, eventually.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

If Ducati is closing shops all over Thailand I would think that Ducati Italy will get involved and start asking questions.
Tiumph UK got involved here a few years back I believe and the prices on Bonneville's dropped quite a lot overnight so the head office of origin has the last word, eventually.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ducati were never a real market contender when Triumph were in their death throes. Neither were Benelli or Moto Guzzi for that matter.

Not decrying them but Japs stole the show.

I was first attracted to Italian bikes by a combination of; Agostini, Hailwood and The Isle of Man. First road bike I ever bought when I arrived in Great Britain was a Garelli.

Triumph have a provenance Italian bikes never achieved.

54 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Triumph have a provenance Italian bikes never achieved. 

Disagree.

And i'm a Triumph nut.

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

No.

It is individual genuine Ducati dealers that have a (valid) problem with Ducati Thailand head office.

All to do with projected sales targets and unrealistic suggested stock levels.

Possibly a top level management coup d'etat would sort things out.

The Thais have a lot of experience here.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Disagree.

And i'm a Triumph nut.

No.

It is individual genuine Ducati dealers that have a (valid) problem with Ducati Thailand head office.

All to do with projected sales targets and unrealistic suggested stock levels.

Possibly a top level management coup d'etat would sort things out.

The Thais have a lot of experience here.

Totally agree. It feels like someone at Ducati Thailand got too greedy and set unrealistic expectations and required too much investment by the dealers. Maybe maybe it came from Italy or even Germany but my gut says it originated locally. A little shake-up of Ducati Thailand might do it good. They need to remember: the same way that individual dealers are in the hands of Ducati Thailand, Ducati Thailand is in the hands of Ducati Italy.

• Like 2