Pai Immigration -- 90-day report refused

1 hour ago, 4evermaat said:

@ubonjoe and others, does a border hop clear 90 day reporting requirement for extension of stay??    

wouldn't OP need to get re-entry permit before leaving to preserve his existing extension?

i was thinking something similar about the online 90 day report.

see above about the border hop question

Of course Ned’s a re entry. But he could get that at the immigration office. I wouldn’t think they will ride him every time for everybody different thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Never heard of recording phone calls?  My phone has one.  

Never heard of reading a post fully? I am not in a position to record my friend's phone calls - especially not historic ones.

I am simply asking if anyone has had succes when reporting wrong information at their local office to the head office.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martyp said:

I like the suggestions that you go out and in of Thailand to resolve the immediate problem. Maybe later the situation in your Immigration office will change. You are probably not the only person to have to do a 90-day report. Then use the next 90 days to set up online reporting.

more problems....at least at CW.  unless it's changed (or i'm confused again) you have to do your first 90-day in person, and then can use the online system.  if you leave, it resets.  you have to report in person with the new TM-6 before you can report online again.

Don't do the report at all and pay 2,000 fine next year when extension time comes.

If they don't want to extend use agent or relocate. Get some tourist visa in the region pack your stuff go.

Or apply for non O-A in home country.

Or go to Bangkok stay one night in a hotel and get your extension from there with the TM30 from the hotel.

Or do 90 day reports online with a Bangkok address.

Etc etc.

Edited by lkv

7 hours ago, Goldbear said:

They refused my 90-day report because I did not have proof of 400,000 baht in the bank. They told me that yesterday they were given orders that every 90-day report had to include a bank receipt showing at least 400,000 baht. 

I figured it was a misunderstanding. I tried to explain to them that I used the Income Affidavit Method when I got my retirement extension in January and not the Bank Method. I told them that I do not have 400,000 baht in the bank because it wasn't required. 

To me this looks like an obvious case of confusing the income method with the Money-in-the-Bank method and having to keep minimum 400K in the bank ... They're confused with all the new rules! Funny that.

As I have mentioned on another thread, I had a similar experience last Friday at Kap Choeng where I did my 90-day without problem, but when we mentioned that I would be doing the 65K income method when my renewal comes up in October, they kept saying No No Must have 800K in the bank 3 months ...

Do a border hop and after do the 90 day report online from now on (2 weeks before date). No documents required. Done. Your next concern should be your next year extension but you have time. 

Edited by Drax

19 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Move to a different location and change address at that Immigration office.  Assume CM.

Think 3 times about this advice, please. Compared to the Mae Hong Son imm. office, Chiang Mai Immigration is a shithole (if i can believe what you can read here on TV).

For nearly 14 years I didn't have any - may I repeat it - any problem with the MHS immigration. And I'm happy that I must not go to CM.

90 reporting, since it is possible to do, I send it by post with the required copies of documents. Get the stamped paper back within a few days.  It takes never more than 1 week after sending the letter there.

The officer sometimes isn't in the office (Myanmar border!). Therefore it's useful to call the office(r) before you leave your home, only for the visa extension. 2 times within a month he does his Immi-jobs in Pai, as far as I know.

Edited by puck2

Gland it worked out for you.  But it still seems odd that you have to show income proof for a 90 day report.  That is not normal.

Also if you were going to do a border run on the spur of the moment like that and had not taken time to get a reentry permit first, it would have been worse.

• Like 1

Follow up: I went to Mae Hong Son immigration. They accepted my 90 day report but still mentioned the 400,000 baht next time and the "new law." I tried to explain that it wasn't required because I had shown proof of income but he just said, "I don't know." 

I asked about getting a copy of my income affidavit, which the Immigration Officer that I spoke to on the phone last Friday told me that he would give me for my next 90-day report (I couldn't find a copy of it in my own records). The man I spoke with said that particular Immigration Officer had been transferred and he wouldn't make me a copy unless approved by the new Immigration Officer that hasn't started work there yet. 

So I am good for another 90 days but who knows what will happen after that.

• Like 2