My Internet Has Almost Ground To A Halt

gharknes

Yes it appears to be back to as crap-tastic as it was yesterday. I can't get any speed tests to work now but DU Meter says about 7-9kbps general browsing thai-visa.

It's always like this in this period, as a poster said in a previous post "School Holiday". The current infrastructure seems unable to cope with the abrupt surge. Usually things get back to normal in a couple of weeks. Don't ask me why...

Same here in Samui, TOT Goldcyber. My wife phoned and complained and said can you do

somthing about this as 'she' was bored with me whinging at her about it! They had an engineer here in a couple of hours. He did a speed test using some thai test site which gave good results. I then used the TV test site and he saw the results.

His response was that thai internet was fine, but that using sites outside thailand would be a problem. (clever chap). Anyways he says it's Bangkok that has the problem and has reported the issue.

Haha... why would there be a problem *inside* Thailand. There's never a problem, barring a faulty network. There's more than enough bandwidth *inside* Thailand. Problem is most of the content isn't inside Thailand, so a great local network is pretty darn useless.

I'm also getting pretty bad speeds, around 300kbps on speakeasy. A few months ago it was 100kbps (not during school holidays) then jumped up to 2.3mbps, then went back and forth intermittently, and now pretty darn bad again. Really, drastic yet sporadic changes like this can only mean that it's up to specific user usage patterns.