Thai Company and foreigner work permit question

Hi all,

apologies if this is not in the correct forum. I am married to a Thai national. we own a small shop and i would like to take a more hands on approach to the business. I would like to get a work permit. I am currently on a Non-O based on marriage visa (multi entry so i leave / enter every 90 days), but i work around Asia and come in and out of the country every few weeks.

can anyone confirm the number of employees would need to be employed by the business to support a foreigner work permit? I have been told 4 Thai's by the company setting up the business for us, but i have also been told as i am married to a Thai, that only 2 are required. 

if anyone could point me to the actual legislation it would be much appreciated (in english if available - my reading thai is not so advanced yet!!!)

Regards

p.

Without being 100% sure , but I know a little about it.. It used to be 5 Thais with ID. It went down to 3 some years ago... IF you are managing director of the company , but still have the least shares it would make sense that you can count as 1 of them. More to it is the amount of witholding cash pr. work permit. Other knows this better than me.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, pchappo said:

can anyone confirm the number of employees would need to be employed by the business to support a foreigner work permit? I have been told 4 Thai's by the company setting up the business for us, but i have also been told as i am married to a Thai, that only 2 are required. 

To my knowledge, 2 Thai employees only, when married to a Thai. Your wife can be the one of two Thai employees.

I found this page specific about it on Google (other pages mainly mention Co.Ltd. and 4 employee).

8 hours ago, paahlman said:

Without being 100% sure , but I know a little about it.. It used to be 5 Thais with ID. It went down to 3 some years ago... IF you are managing director of the company , but still have the least shares it would make sense that you can count as 1 of them. More to it is the amount of witholding cash pr. work permit. Other knows this better than me.

you're taking about forming a company, he's asking about requirements for a work permit.  

The requirements for a work permit is 4 Thai employees, as for only 2 being required if married to a Thai you might want to check with the labor office you will use, it's been posted before some office accept and some dont.  There are some financial requirements too. 2 million registered capital or paying taxes for 3 years and a few other options.