Time constraints on bank letter for monthly deposits?

Are there any time constraints on the bank letter showing monthly deposits for a yearly retirement/marriage extension? I went to my bank yesterday and requested the one year bank statement showing monthly deposits. The bank staff submitted the request, and said it should be ready for me within 5 working days, and at that time they will do the bank letter. That will be approximately 31 July, and I plan visiting Immigration around 7 August. I know for the fixed deposit method immigration requires a same day or sometimes previous day, letter, but haven't seen anything on the monthly deposit method letter.

I don't think there's enough "history" on this subject to come up with some sort hard/fast rule which might be followed by every IO in every office?

Ideally the timing should be short enough to include your most recent monthly qualifying foreign transfer.

Up to two weeks should be ok, but most may want to manage the process so as to minimize the time between the bank issuing the letter and applying for an extension. I plan to go the next day after receiving the qualifying foreign transfer documentation, which in my case can be issued within one day of being requested.

I don't imagine you'll encounter any issues with your stated time-frames.

You may also have to have a same-day issued bank letter attesting to your onwership of said account, and perhaps a current balance reflecting some same day activity?

You may also be required to sumbit copies of the bank-book showing all the qualifying transfers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FredLee said:

I went to my bank yesterday and requested the one year bank statement showing monthly deposits. The bank staff submitted the request, and said it should be ready for me within 5 working days, and at that time they will do the bank letter. That will be approximately 31 July, and I plan visiting Immigration around 7 August. 

Why not go to immigrations within one day of getting the bank letters if you can? You don't lose any days on your new extension if you go in early. They add a year onto the date the current one expires.

The "bank letter" showing your current balance typically needs to be fairly fresh. Maybe the one year bank statement will be dated when it's sent to your branch.

You won't be happy if the letters are rejected and you have to go back to the bank to start over again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't think there's enough "history" on this subject to come up with some sort hard/fast rule which might be followed by every IO in every office?

Ideally the timing should be short enough to include your most recent monthly qualifying foreign transfer.

Up to two weeks should be ok, but most may want to manage the process so as to minimize the time between the bank issuing the letter and applying for an extension. I plan to go the next day after receiving the qualifying foreign transfer documentation, which in my case can be issued within one day of being requested.

I don't imagine you'll encounter any issues with your stated time-frames.

You may also have to have a same-day issued bank letter attesting to your onwership of said account, and perhaps a current balance reflecting some same day activity?

You may also be required to sumbit copies of the bank-book showing all the qualifying transfers.

Are you speculating on the need for a current balance or do you have real knowledge of that requirement? I use a BANGKOK BANK direct deposit account that is unfortunately extremely inflexible. Once the money is direct deposited, I withdraw/ transfer to another account where I can pay bills online, make transfers and ATM withdrawals. Not the easiest process but balances transfer costs($0) from outside Thailand and the unfortunate need to go to a branch each month. The branch visit is basically no different from what I had to do when using ATM withdrawals and cash deposit facilities. However, the direct deposit clearly shows an FTT transaction.

• Like 1

The "hard and fast rule" is that there are not hard and fast rules. 
What there are are a multitude of individual Immigration offices which all follow there own dictates.  And within each of those offices following their own dictates are individual immigration officers who follow their own dictates.  There are volumes of threads that basically support the notion that their is no continuity in the interpretation of immigration law between immigration offices.  And all police orders defining immigration law are open to interpretation. So, the actual answer is: Good Luck. 

When I submit a letter based on banked money for O visa I've always tried to do it day before (24hrs). Still, they make me update the bank book and re photocopy it. I've heard that up to a few days is ok. But I'd think that's Friday visiting Monday. Two days. It's not the same but maybe you'll have some idea.

Thanks for all the replies. The staff member at BBK requested a bank statement to cover the dates from 1 July 2018 to 25 July 2019, and she said it will take 5 working days to process it. She will then provide me a bank letter showing the monthly foreign deposits during that time frame. I plan on taking the letter, statement, bank book and copies with me. I'm not sure how early I can apply for an extension. I usually go a couple of weeks before my extension expires but with the new rules I want to go at least a month early to give me time to take care of any problems that might arise.

14 hours ago, Siameaze said:

Are you speculating on the need for a current balance or do you have real knowledge of that requirement?

My speculation is based on second-hand reports, mostly here and on FB.

I do not have any "real" knowledge, but I plan to obtain this document the morning of at CW, if only to be prepared.

When I did my extension in May, I went to the bank and requested the bank letter dated for the following week but instead they dated it on that day.  They said no problem as the letter is good for 1 week.  When I went to immigration 5 days later, the officer informed me it was okay as the letter is good for 7 days and I was within that number.  This was C/M immigration.  Good luck!

• Like 1