Meaning of

Dashadoo

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I am assuming that โมนี is anglesized 'money' in which case it means 'money is loveable'

That's interesting. I had assumed it was a Thai nickname.

It never occurred to me the first word was an English word in Thai script. Quite often when I see a similar English word in Thai it goes right over my head, missing the obvious.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

It never occurred to me the first word was an English word in Thai script. Quite often when I see a similar English word in Thai it goes right over my head, missing the obvious.

Mony and Money are indeed Thai nicknames. In fact there's a girl in my daughters school with the nickname "Money Money".

Along with "Mafia", "Benz Benz", "Porche", "Van Disel", "Iphone" etc. Amazing what their parents can come up with....

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Mony and Money are indeed Thai nicknames. In fact there's a girl in my daughters school with the nickname "Money Money".

Along with "Mafia", "Benz Benz", "Porche", "Van Disel", "Iphone" etc. Amazing what their parents can come up with....

'Facebook' is a kid near us, also 'beer'. Not yet heard anyone called 'pint of bitter' or '<deleted>' though.

edit: Ha ha! I see I've fallen fowl of the auto-censor above! If only I could remember what I wrote ten minutes ago...it definitely wasn't anything dodgy.

14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'Facebook' is a kid near us, also 'beer'. Not yet heard anyone called 'pint of bitter' or '<deleted>' though.

Poor kids, many of them will most certainly change those nicknames in the future. My children have common European names, which are also printed on their school uniforms, no nicknames. I'm sure some of the Thais find that weird????

15 hours ago, Dashadoo said:

โมนี่น่ารัก

โม (mo) is a nickname, maybe they just added นี่ (nee) to make it sound more cute. So this could mean "monee is cute"

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

also 'beer'.

Beer is a quite common nickname

On 7/26/2019 at 11:07 AM, bluesofa said:

On 7/26/2019 at 11:07 AM, bluesofa said:

This is the whole word and a translation from a thai friend. She said "สายเปย์ที่แท้ทรู" this is slang. If you use google translate you will get "true line true". 
สายเปย์ = someone easy to pay for the other people

ที่แท้ทรู = true, real

สาย = sai
เปย์  = pay
ที่     = tee
แท้   = tae
ทรู   = true 

is it a word that can be used in both a bad way and a good way with regards to a person?

You should continue in one of your topics instead of asking your questions in both

Just now, jackdd said:

สายเปย์ที่แท้ทรู = a person who likes to pay for others

The exact meaning does of course depend on the situation.

You are paying to get a girls affection, this clearly means sugar daddy ????

1 hour ago, Dashadoo said:

This is the whole word and a translation from a thai friend. She said "สายเปย์ที่แท้ทรู" this is slang. If you use google translate you will get "true line true". 
สายเปย์ = someone easy to pay for the other people

ที่แท้ทรู = true, real

สาย = sai
เปย์  = pay
ที่     = tee
แท้   = tae
ทรู   = true 

is it a word that can be used in both a bad way and a good way with regards to a person?

I had no idea ทรู - the English word - was used in Thai for the same meaning? I always associate it with the cable/TV company True Visions

I thought จริง was used for true, and สาย was line - as in cable, for electric or comms?

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I had no idea ทรู - the English word - was used in Thai for the same meaning? I always associate it with the cable/TV company True Visions

I thought จริง was used for true, and สาย was line - as in cable, for electric or comms?

https://www.gudict.com/word/แท้ทรู

มาจาก แท้True ซึ่ง True แปลว่าจริง ความหมายก็คือ แท้จริงนั่นเอง แต่เป็นการพูดแบบคูลๆ

If you happen to be arround teenagers and want to sound cool you say แท้ทรู instead of แท้จริง ????

Archived