Have rep points become nonsense?

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, if we're going to discuss dots and reps, how about your member number?  Cryingdick, I see you are member #297181.  That's means 297,180 people joined this forum before you.  Your number is lost in the noise ????

How many of these members actually exist? Is it sequential or just made up? Does it count stuntmen, socks and bodyguards?

8 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I must confess that to me using the sad emoji when you dislike a comment is, well a bit sad. If you don't like something either ignore it or comment and state why you disagree. 

I always thought that a sad emoji was showing empathy. If someone reports about a sad ocurrance it seems a little strange to react with a laughing emoji.

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I always thought that a sad emoji was showing empathy. If someone reports about a sad ocurrance it seems a little strange to react with a laughing emoji.

Nice reply. This is what I am talking about when I ask if they are meaningless or confused. Even companies like FB debate such things.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It is supposed to be but some posters use it as a dislike emoji, because TV rightly didn't include one of those.

24 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I'm bored, the missus is in a foul mood due to early onset of the menopause and I'm worried about going colour blind.

No sympathy from me, I'm afraid. She is in a foul mood today? Mine has been in a fury since 2005 and it shows no sign of letting up...

Just now, baboon said:

No sympathy from me, I'm afraid. She is in a foul mood today? Mine has been in a fury since 2005 and it shows no sign of letting up...

Hormones, don't you just love em. My missus is apparently aware of what is happening to her and went to the docs herself but no change, her advice, "If you sense the bad mood don't talk to me"

33 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's the green things above your post count. In the old days it was harder to earn them because there was only a like button. Now they seem to be earned anytime you give somebody a like or dislike or whatever. If you don't like what  I am saying you can give me a sad smiley and it will show up on my profile as a like.

For example I have 2,686 positive reputation points based upon 1,843 posts. I can imagine at least half of the reactions to my posts were meant to be negative. So it seems a little silly how they have implemented this.

Don't sell yourself cheap.  If dislikes counted then you'd have far more than 2,686 points.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Hormones, don't you just love em. My missus is apparently aware of what is happening to her and went to the docs herself but no change, her advice, "If you sense the bad mood don't talk to me"

You sound like a lucky man. My missus would advise me to go @#$% myself....

Has she looked into Hormone Replacement Therapy? 

You have just proved my point, your rep count is still 2688, my rep count before you posted sad was 46387, still 46387.

Colin
I use the Connect app which only registers “ likes “ ( or so it says ) do that mean it it only likes and not the trophy or laughing emojis ??

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Colin
I use the Connect app which only registers “ likes “ ( or so it says ) do that mean it it only likes and not the trophy or laughing emojis ??

Buggered if i know the answer mate.????️‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Colin

All I know is under the old system I had much less likes or whatever. Now I have doubled my reputation in a very short time. I liked it back in the day that there was only a like button.

I find the "sad" emoji too ambiguous. It can be taken as comment "not approved of" or be interpreted as "sad" about a situation (something like that). Personally, I rarely ever use it because of its ambiguity.

1 minute ago, neeray said:

I find the "sad" emoji too ambiguous. It can be taken as comment "not approved of" or be interpreted as "sad" about a situation (something like that). Personally, I rarely ever use it because of its ambiguity.

I agree.

How many of these members actually exist? Is it sequential or just made up? Does it count stuntmen, socks and bodyguards?

Yes, it's sequential.  Of course, posters come and go, and it will include posters who sign up just to post spam.

If you discount all the spammers, scammers, robots and French people, the actual number of real Thaivisa members is 43.

Just now, Radar501 said:

Let's make the options unambiguous

1.  Like a lot

2.  Like a bit

3.  Neither like or dislike

4.  Dislike a bit

5.  Dislike a lot

6.  <deleted> idiot

Number 6 would be handy to have sometimes. ????

Archived