Have rep points become nonsense?

With the change in emojis and all of that have rep points become meaningless? If you respond with an emoji sad, angry, or whatever it seems the poster gets a rep point. I know this because I am pretty much less popular than satan himself in the world politics forum. So please weigh in here and give an opinion. I think rep points have become devalued.

It's just a metric. If it has no value, then disregard it. I know I do.

@soalbundy: The rep point is located due south of your avatar; your current rep point count is 13550.

P.S. If anyone likes my post, then feel free to increase my rep point count. It's very low. ????

1 minute ago, Gumballl said:

It's just a metric. If it has no value, then disregard it. I know I do.

@soalbundy: The rep point is located due south of your avatar; your current rep point count is 13550.

P.S. If anyone likes my post, then feel free to increase my rep point count. It's very low. ????

What does 'rep' even mean ?

Just now, soalbundy said:

What does 'rep' even mean ?

Reputation (or so I think).

If you post worthy comments on TV, other folks will praise you by selecting the 'like' icon on the lower-right side of your post.

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't even know what a rep point is

It's the green things above your post count. In the old days it was harder to earn them because there was only a like button. Now they seem to be earned anytime you give somebody a like or dislike or whatever. If you don't like what  I am saying you can give me a sad smiley and it will show up on my profile as a like.

For example I have 2,686 positive reputation points based upon 1,843 posts. I can imagine at least half of the reactions to my posts were meant to be negative. So it seems a little silly how they have implemented this.

I don't even know what a rep point is

I think he is referring to your reputation activity, which is a record of likes, confused, thanks, haha etc etc that you have given and received ( found on your profile page ).
I’m not aware of any points though ??

Or maybe he’s referring to the total number of reactions you receive versus the number of posts you make ??

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Cryingdick, you are crying over nothing, if a poster gets a like, ha ha, or purple cup, they get a rep point.

If a poster gets a confused or sad emoji, they do not, i repeat do not get a rep point.

Just couldn't resist it Colin.....

tenor(5).gif

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Cryingdick, you are crying over nothing, if a poster gets a like, ha ha, or purple cup, they get a rep point.

If a poster gets a confused or sad emoji, they do not, i repeat do not get a rep point.

I am not crying. Somebody mentioned the dots I thought I would mention the rep system. It is just a simple observation that everybody with no exception has gained rep even me included. It doesn't matter it just shows it is no longer a meaningful metric as other have said, If I were personally trying to monetize the site I might look into it. Thats all.

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I doubt that. I wonder if we could at some point humbly ask TV for better clarifications of what the rules are exactly and how they use data?

For example there has not been an open explanation to the new emoji. I would like TV to revisit some of it's terms of service and provide more transparency.

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I am not crying. Somebody mentioned the dots I thought I would mention the rep system. It is just a simple observation that everybody with no exception has gained rep even me included. It doesn't matter it just shows it is no longer a meaningful metric as other have said, If I were personally trying to monetize the site I might look into it. Thats all.

Yes but you commented that members get a rep point even if they get confused or sad emoji, they dont.

To prove my point, check your rep points now 2688, i will post a sad emoji on your post and your rep cont will still be 2688.

Well, if we're going to discuss dots and reps, how about your member number?  Cryingdick, I see you are member #297181.  That's means 297,180 people joined this forum before you.  Your number is lost in the noise ????

I must confess that to me using the sad emoji when you dislike a comment is, well a bit sad. If you don't like something either ignore it or comment and state why you disagree. 

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes but you commented that members get a rep point even if they get confused or sad emoji, they dont.

To prove my point, check your rep points now 2688, i will post a sad emoji on your post and your rep cont will still be 2688.

Then I am actually way more popular than I thought. I had never considered that to be possible before now. I am just looking into what people think abut the new emoji.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

You have just proved my point, your rep count is still 2688, my rep count before you posted sad was 46387, still 46387.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I doubt that. I wonder if we could at some point humbly ask TV for better clarifications of what the rules are exactly and how they use data?

Stop grovelling Richard, it doesn't suit you.

Just demand clarification!!

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Then I am actually way more popular than I thought. I had never considered that to be possible before now. I am just looking into what people think abut the new emoji.

Nope, you're not.

I am joking.

Archived