Any recent experience for non o marriage single entry kuala lumpur

Hi

For the non o marriage single entry, I see on the kuala lumpur embassy website they want you to show 400k in the bank. 

Anyone been recently, did they enforce this requirement?

Also does anyone know if they would accept a WP with  6 month tax paid on 50k monthly salary instead of showing 400k?

(I live in Surat Thani and Air Asia have just started direct flights for 850 baht, so would be super convenient to go to kuala lumpur embassy to get my single entry non o based on marriage to a thai national. Otherwise I'm of to Ho Chi Minh, I'm not sure I can stomach the travel arrangements to Savannakhet and the super long queues.)

9 hours ago, andy said:

Is it still possible to get a single Non-O elsewhere in Malaysia without a Thai bank account?  Penang or Kota Bharu?

You don't need a Thai bank account. The financial proof the embassy and consulates in Malaysia want can be be in any bank if if is at least the equivalent of 200k or 400k baht dependent upon where you apply.

4 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

6.3 Bank statement (last 6 months) in Thailand with recommended balance of 400,000 Thai baht (if any)

doesn't the "in Thailand" part mean the bank account must be a Thai bank account?

That statement is a little vague. Best to contact them to confirm what they want and ask them about showing your income from working.

The 2 consulates will accept showing the funds in a non Thai bank.

What type of visa do you have now?

Are you wanting the non-o visa to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage?

Just now, STD Warehouse said:

@ubonjoe yes I want the extension based on marriage, and my local immigration office will accept my 50k thai company monthly salary for the income part

If you have a work permit you should already have a non immigrant visa of some kind that you could use to apply for the extension of stay. You do not have to have a non-o visa to apply for the extension.

It could be done with a non-b visa entry or if you are on an extension of stay based upon working you could change the reason for your extension to marriage.

@ubonjoe good point, your are right, I didn't consider that option, thank you

edit: just remembered why I cant do that, I'm British and the UK embassy in Bangkok wont certify UK marriage certificates. There is a lengthy process to do this involving sending it back to a gov department in the UK and getting them to send it to the Thai Embassy in London, and then getting them to send it back to me here, then taking it to Bangkok to do something with it. But since Im returning to the Uk on October 1st for 3 weeks, I thought I would get a single entry Non-o on September 1st, then get a re entry permit, go back to the UK and do the marriage certification while I'm back there, come back and then apply for the extension on Nov 1st.

Edited by STD Warehouse

2 minutes ago, andy said:

For a bank outside Thailand, will a bank statement printed out from an online banking/brokerage work for the consulates?  I just want the Non-O so I can renew my 5 year DLs.  How is Kota Bharu these days?  I do like Penang, but I'd much rather hop over to the Perhentian islands during the visa processing.

No problem with a online statement if it you can prove it is your account. Some online banking statement do not have your name on them.

As far a I know Kota Bharu is good. But remember they are open Sunday to Thursday.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did I read that right? KL demands proof of 400,000 just for a one-entry (three month stay) visa?

Probably.  Not many people report from KL here.  

Penang might be better option if you have a little time.  There are regular buses, etc between the two cities, correct?

Married to Thai national?  Savannakhet Laos and Vietnam consulates let you obtain ME non-o without financial proof.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You don't need a Thai bank account. The financial proof the embassy and consulates in Malaysia want can be be in any bank if if is at least the equivalent of 200k or 400k baht dependent upon where you apply.

I know that Penang the sign on the door specifically said bank statement must be in THB, USD, EUR, or MYR.  If it is in another currency, you must write the current conversion rate.  Maybe printing one out from xe.com would be helpful also.

Advanced issues found

41 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Probably.  Not many people report from KL here.  

Penang might be better option if you have a little time.  There are regular buses, etc between the two cities, correct?

Married to Thai national?  Savannakhet Laos and Vietnam consulates let you obtain ME non-o without financial proof.

I use Savannakhet as it's less than two hours from my house. Have done for years, filling in the same forms, giving the same information, producing the same documents. I guess they don't keep records, just throw away the info you've given them time and time again before they once more demand the info you've already given them.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thanks 1