True New Customer

stament

Quick one...

Presumably if you already have true at home but you sign up under a different name as a new customer they should give you a new box right as you are signing up to a new minimum term contract.

Is there anything else you should get new besides the dish which probably isn't worth having anyway as another eyesore!

• Confused 1

Contact the Truevisions call center at 1236 and work your way through the voicemail tree to get to an English-language CSR.  But, you're going to have to work on wording of your question because it doesn't make much sense even in English.

What, specifically is your situation?  Does someone in your household already subscribe to Truevisions in her name and now you'd like to get a subscription in your name so that you can watch your shows on a different TV?  If that's the case, then the most cost efficient thing is to add a second TV/box to the existing subscription rather than have two separate subscriptions in two different customer names.  The cost for two boxes (where two people can watch different shows) isn't double the cost of one TV/box.  

But, the "package" has to be the same for both boxes, if you want a premium service and the other person in the household is OK with Thai channels, then it could be cheaper to have two separate subscriptions.  The English-language CSRs at the Truevisions call center seem to be brighter than the staff at the mall stores, so they can sort this for you.

We have true i think its the silver package about 500 baht ,but to be honest very rarely watch it,the wife watches Thai news ,the other day two guys came and did something to our dish ,as its a new system or something ,sorry to be so vague,now all of a sudden we are getting loads more channels ,anyone know why?

ps still not bothered to watch them ,download everything i need .

We have platinum and have 3 boxes, which we can all watch different channels in different rooms. The second box is an extra 500 thb a month and the offer at the time was the 3rd was free but you still had to pay 2000hb deposit for each box. This was maybe 9 years ago so not sure if the offer will still be the same.

Sorry for not being explicit. Currently we have true under my wife's name but for some reason when we want to add internet we were told my wife owes money from 12 years ago from true phone so we need to pay 1200 first. Very odd as been a true TV customer for 5 years and no mention of this previously and no evidence supplied ie bills.

They said alternative to not paying this is for me to sign up as a new customer and obviously a new contract. I assume they do this as they get an incentive for signing new customers.

However new customers would get all the new stuff right, TV box and satellite dish and be tied into a new contract. Hence we should be given new equipment right?

12 hours ago, stament said:

Sorry for not being explicit. Currently we have true under my wife's name but for some reason when we want to add internet we were told my wife owes money from 12 years ago from true phone so we need to pay 1200 first. Very odd as been a true TV customer for 5 years and no mention of this previously and no evidence supplied ie bills.

They said alternative to not paying this is for me to sign up as a new customer and obviously a new contract. I assume they do this as they get an incentive for signing new customers.

However new customers would get all the new stuff right, TV box and satellite dish and be tied into a new contract. Hence we should be given new equipment right?

Does True even still use satellite dishes? They discontinued ours many, many years ago and installed cable. 6 years later I checked the post one day and there was a check from True for 5,280 Baht. I don't even remember it, but apparently we paid a deposit of around 6K THB for the dish in 2007. It took them 6 years, but they did return it!

Edited by elektrified

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

Does True even still use satellite dishes? They discontinued ours many, many years ago and installed cable. 6 years later I checked the post one day and there was a check from True for 5,280 Baht. I don't even remember it, but apparently we paid a deposit of around 6K THB for the dish in 2007. It took them 6 years, but they did return it!

They must do maybe for TV as about 6 months ago a true guy came round to tweak some upgrade on the dish.