Taking care of your TM30?

I want to make sure everything regarding the TM30 has been done (and also correctly). From my understanding, landlords need a number of documents/information to file the TM30. Some landlords don't seem to file it as well.

How do you make sure your landlord has filed the TM30, as well as filed it with the correct information? Is there a way to make sure this is done correctly (such as filling in the TM30 form yourself and asking the landlord to file it)? What is the best way to go about it?

hey, doc!  have you done this without including the owners id card and property book?

if only lease and your passport, have you received a receipt yet?  if so, when did you send it and how long did that take?

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

hey, doc!  have you done this without including the owners id card and property book?

if only lease and your passport, have you received a receipt yet?  if so, when did you send it and how long did that take?

I did this many years ago. Recently have not as for last several years CW was not requiring tm30. They are now. I rely on few reports from experienced couple of members that have done it recently. Mind you took 3 weeks to obtain receipt. 

Edited by DrJack54

my girlfriend has tried to register twice as possessor, but the online system just gives us the pending approval notice....for months.

owner is not especially helpful.  won't give us the papers to do it, but seems in no hurry to do it herself.

we arrived on 4th, ems'd a package on the 5th with lease, girlfriends id and statement that i lived here.  was signed for on the 8th.

waiting, waiting............

ridiculous system, and don't want to spend the 3 hours in traffic to CW, then the 3 hour wait if i won't be able to register myself without owner's paperwork. 

Edited by ChouDoufu

13 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

my girlfriend has tried to register twice as possessor, but the online system just gives us the pending approval notice....for months.

owner is not especially helpful.  won't give us the papers to do it, but seems in no hurry to do it herself.

we arrived on 4th, ems'd a package on the 5th with lease, girlfriends id and statement that i lived here.  was signed for on the 8th.

waiting, waiting............

ridiculous system, and don't want to spend the 3 hours in traffic to CW, then the 3 hour wait if i won't be able to register myself without owner's paperwork. 

If you file at Bangkok CW you only need a copy of your lease, your passport, and the TM30 form filled out with your name only. Nothing needed from the landlord. You will still have traffic and a wait thought.

5 minutes ago, Martyp said:

If you file at Bangkok CW you only need a copy of your lease, your passport, and the TM30 form filled out with your name only. Nothing needed from the landlord. You will still have traffic and a wait thought.

in that case, i'll take the girlfriend (lease in her name) along to CW for next extension at the end of next month.

5 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I am planning on going to CW to do this myself but I am waiting on all the docs from my landlord who isn't Thai, lives in Dubai and seems very lax about sorting this out. 

I assumed I needed this from him before getting the TM30, so if I go to CW with just what you have suggested I can file the TM30 and pay the 800b fine?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

My condo does not have a reception type thing. I don't wish to trouble management so I will do the tm30 as "possessor" myself. All I need is my lease and some photocopies of passport. Identity page and last entry. I deal with CW imm. Can be done by mail if you wish. Firstly make sure your imm office requires a tm30.

Numerous threads on this. 

I was told specifically by CW that you cannot do it by mail.

Has anyone tried?

1 minute ago, petedk said:

Has anyone tried?

I can only go by recent few report from experienced members that reported success doing tm30 by mail and very similar reports of return receipt taking ~ 3 weeks. CW imm office.

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

Has anyone tried?

I did mine by mail (exactly the same as doing 90-day reports by mail).  It took 3 weeks, but I got the TM30 receipt back - and no fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

brewster and santam - are you condo owners?  what documents did you include if not?

TM30 form and schedule of foreigners living  in the condo, signed by my landlord; photocopy of landlord's ID card and blue book; copy of lease; copy of my passport ID page, TM6, entry and permission to stay stamp (and the same for my wife and son); stamped addressed envelope (EMS).

• Like 1

I also mailed my TM30 application to CW like the posters above.

I am renting a condo from a company that own the condo building, not an individual landlord, therefore just self filled my name and my address only on the TM30 form.

I obtained a copy of the condo managers ID card (signed by the manager) and also got the company that owns/manages the building to write a short letter confirming who I was and that I lived at my current address.

Here is a list of items that I sent to CW -

TM30 FORM

PASSPORT FACE PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST DEPARTURE STAMP COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST ARRIVAL STAMP PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST VISA/EXTENSION STAMP (RETIREMENT) PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

REENTRY PERMIT STAMP PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

TM 6 DEPARTURE SLIP COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

RENTAL CONTRACT COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

CONDO MANAGER I.D. AND LETTER (SIGNED BY MANAGER)

SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE 5BAHT REGULAR POST

There is a 2nd form that comes with the TM30 which may be for the landlord/manager to fill in with a table for names, passport details, address, TM6 number etc ... I also self filled that form in and sent together with the above list ... in the final column of this form I printed myself as TENANT. 

I sent everything by mail EMS to CW address -

TM 30 REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1,
Government Complex Building B,
120 MOO 3,
CHAENGWATTANA ROAD SOI 7,
LAKSI,
BANGKOK

My application was mailed by EMS within 24 hours of arriving back in Thailand after an international trip abroad in May and I kept the EMS receipt from the post office as proof.

I finally received my receipt of TM30 registration from CW in June, just over 5 weeks from when I posted my TM30 application.

Edited by Ajooma

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I am planning on going to CW to do this myself but I am waiting on all the docs from my landlord who isn't Thai, lives in Dubai and seems very lax about sorting this out. 

I assumed I needed this from him before getting the TM30, so if I go to CW with just what you have suggested I can file the TM30 and pay the 800b fine?

Thanks. 

Here are the instructions from another visa forum:

Self File TM-30 BANGKOK ONLY.

This is the way you need to fill out the TM30 form if you are filing with NO documentation from your land lord

Your name goes at the top of the form, your address goes under it, then your address AGAIN as the address where the foreigner lives.

In the blank area at the bottom left hand side of the piece that they will tear off and give back to you write your address again.

On the second page (the table) put all your information. 

You sign BOTH forms on the signature lines. Print the forms correctly. the first page is portrait orientation and second page is landscape orientation ????

Make copies of;

-lease

-data page of your passport

-visa (if you have one)

-extension (if you have one)

-entry stamp

-TM6 departure card

sign the copies of your passport stuff.  

This is a way to file a TM30 in BANGKOK without any information from your land lord at all. <- (meaning you don't need their i/d, their house book listing, a power of attorney form with the 10 baht in tax stamps).

AFAIK: this ONLY works in Bangkok but I can say with 100% accuracy that it does work (y)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Here are the instructions from another visa forum:

Self File TM-30 BANGKOK ONLY.

This is the way you need to fill out the TM30 form if you are filing with NO documentation from your land lord

Your name goes at the top of the form, your address goes under it, then your address AGAIN as the address where the foreigner lives.

In the blank area at the bottom left hand side of the piece that they will tear off and give back to you write your address again.

On the second page (the table) put all your information. 

You sign BOTH forms on the signature lines. Print the forms correctly. the first page is portrait orientation and second page is landscape orientation ????

Make copies of;

-lease

-data page of your passport

-visa (if you have one)

-extension (if you have one)

-entry stamp

-TM6 departure card

sign the copies of your passport stuff.  

This is a way to file a TM30 in BANGKOK without any information from your land lord at all. <- (meaning you don't need their i/d, their house book listing, a power of attorney form with the 10 baht in tax stamps).

AFAIK: this ONLY works in Bangkok but I can say with 100% accuracy that it does work (y)

Good info. Thanks. 

23 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

I have..

Sign up as posessor as stated online.. Leave scans of bluebook, passport and the rest.. no need for landlord then..... You can report yourself is whats funny.. 

Took no more than 2 hours to obtain the passwords...

2 hours ago, paahlman said:

I have..

Sign up as posessor as stated online.. Leave scans of bluebook, passport and the rest.. no need for landlord then..... You can report yourself is whats funny.. 

Took no more than 2 hours to obtain the passwords...

Which site are you using please?

My question is.....For those extending their retirement visa: What if we ignore the TM 30 the entire year between extensions and just pay the fine before extending. Will they fine us for each non-reporting or only for one? When I extended at CW in June there was only 1 fine for 800. That is a lot easier and cheaper than making 15-20 reports by mail or trips out to CW. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

TM30 form and schedule of foreigners living  in the condo, signed by my landlord; photocopy of landlord's ID card and blue book; copy of lease; copy of my passport ID page, TM6, entry and permission to stay stamp (and the same for my wife and son); stamped addressed envelope (EMS).

Ok, I understand now.

I think my situation is a little different in that I don't have a lease and I am not in the housebook. I am living with my girlfriend in her condo (have been doing so for 20 years as can be seen on the 90 day reports). 

I was told that we have to go to CW in person or do online. We have been waiting for online registration for 5 or 6 weeks.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, ChouDoufu said:

brewster and santam - are you condo owners?  what documents did you include if not?

Yes, condo owner, jointly with my partner. So for both included:

1) Completed TM.30 - one for each

2) Completed Names of Aliens in Residence, one each with both names of myself and partner

copies of:

3) Passport copy for each

4) TM.6

5) Extension of Stay

6) Title Deed (chanote) or Yellow Book (Tambien Baan), one each

7) Blue Book copy, one each

Everything signed...about 18 pages in all. Receipt was issued to my partner's SASE, with my name on the receipt, (for 2 residents).