bad it company

keith101

I recently purchased a Pci e lan adapter card from Lazada through (Name Removed) which did not come with installation or drivers for Windows 10 which after a dispute they agreed to take back the item and are now refusing to refund my money because they disagree with my complaint , now I spent hours searching the internet for the drivers etc so I could use it but could not find them anywhere and weren't on the installation disc with the adapter . Only 420 baht which wouldn't be a big amount for (Name Removed) but they obviously don't like giving money back to their clients.

I haven't worked with Windows for a while so my knowledge is a little out of date.

I assume you tried just installing the adapter and seeing if windows recognizes it.  The older versions of windows that I'm familiar with would recognize the device if it was built with commonly used chips from the large chip manufacturers.

Take the lan adapter out and look at the biggest chip mounted on the card.  That will probably be the modem chip.  Write down the manufacturer name and the chip number.  Then search the internet for a Windows 10 lan driver for that specific chip.  If you're having trouble post a picture of the chip side of the lan card.

The installation disc that came with it was for up to windows 8.0 and that was it and my system did not recognise it and would not work . I tried D-Link China which is where it was made and even their so called windows 10 installations would not even open to do an install .

You could post a picture of that thing or, to be precise, details about the brand and model and a picture of the chips on that card.

That should help us to identify that thing.

About the CD: Sometime there is a setup program on the CD and you have to run that program to install it.

And sometime there are just driver directories. If you go to the device manager and click on update driver then you have to select the correct directory.

Be also careful with 32bit and 64bit drivers. Your Windows must match the drivers. 

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

The installation disc that came with it was for up to windows 8.0 and that was it and my system did not recognise it and would not work . I tried D-Link China which is where it was made and even their so called windows 10 installations would not even open to do an install .

It's simple enough to find a Driver via Hardware ID.

Did you make a post here or on any technical support forum for assistance before you attempted to name and shame?

It is very likely to be a user issue. In this case, yours.

So post the model number and let us sort it out.

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its already been returned to the seller who has refused to refund my money and as stated above I even tried the manufactures website and that was no help at all .

You still haven't posted the model number. Ask them to send it back to you then. They've probably tested it and noted that it works perfectly.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:11 PM, keith101 said:

Its already been returned to the seller who has refused to refund my money and as stated above I even tried the manufactures website and that was no help at all .

Get it back, it shouldn't be a problem to find the right driver. 

Archived