Want to buy a BMW X7

Hi guys,

I live in pattaya,  want to buy a 2019 BMW X7 here.

My friend just bought a BMW X5 last month,  he told me i can ask for discount for a expensive car like X7.  They didnt give discounted price for his X5,  but they gave him 1 year free insurance, file, golf bag, oil card with deposit, free longer warantty time, carpet

X7 M50d is 9 millions Baht as official price

But I checked the local BMW dealer in pattaya, i was told there's no any discount,  and they dont really give any freebies,  only: a carpet

they told me its a very new model so no freebies, no discount. I think its bullshit, and they told me they also need to bring the car from other thailand dealer.

Im thinking if i ask BMW dealer in bankok directly, is it possible i can get discount or freebies. As maybe the bankok dealer also need to make money from pattaya dealler.

But the pattaya dealer is very close to where i live, like 3km drive. If i bought it from bankok dealer, will the pattaya dealer do the after sale for me, like fixing.

btw i only have international driving license, the BMW sale told me its all fine, but someone told me i should get thai license. 

whats your advices ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CharlieH
Title adjusted.

I have been using an international driving permits for several years as I decided the officer in charge of issuing driving licences in Sri Racha was a bit bossy and the whole process wasted about a day in having to go to 3 offices. So you can get away without having a Thai licence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdleg said:

Paying 9 mil for a BMW and you are worried about a few freebies ????

Dude,  this is about the way for shopping.  If they sell at 9 millions,  they maybe can give 1 year free insurance, and it means another 130k discount

Edited by SatoshiNakamoto

1 hour ago, SatoshiNakamoto said:

Dude,  this is about the way for shopping.  If they sell at 9 millions,  they maybe can give 1 year free insurance, and it means another 130k discount

130,000 baht for one year first class insurance? Impossible. I sat next to an American who's involved in an accident that wasn't even his fault.

When the insurance guy came by they wanted to see a Thai driver's license. My friend didn't have one, so they asked me. 

I finally gave them my Thai license and all was good.

Do not get involved in an accident with an International driving permit, get a Thai drivers license, a piece of cake and dirt cheap. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

BMW discount pretty well on models below the X7.  You wont see discounts on new models while they are popular or if you are in a hurry to buy.  However once the novelty of the new model has worn off, decent discounts are offered for car shows, demo models and stock cars.  Shopping around dealers and sales people until you find a couple of contacts that understand you want a deal is the best strategy.  The demo models from BMW can have good discounts with very low km.   

You should be OK to purchase from one dealer and get services at another.   

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 8:38 AM, Briggsy said:

I have been using an international driving permits for several years as I decided the officer in charge of issuing driving licences in Sri Racha was a bit bossy and the whole process wasted about a day in having to go to 3 offices. So you can get away without having a Thai licence.

I've been driving in Thailand without any licence, never needed one... so you can get away without having a licence.... :whistling: (of course, not true)

The reality is....  if you are in Thailand for longer than a holiday you really should be getting a Thai Driving licence - Experience may very, however, there is only one sensible and intelligent path to take which is not to leave yourself open...

Op: Getting a Thai licence is an easy process, only an idiot decides to take the short-cut and decide they don't need one - they'll get caught out at some point.

--------

On Discounts etc: I bought the X5 (F15) when it first came out, no discounts (except 1 year insurance, mats, film, golf bag - usual stuff).

Managed to jump the queue and get the car in 4 days or so by paying cash.

Discounts are more likely on older models. 

OP: On a slightly different note: Have you looked at the Volvos? (XC90) are looking specifically at the X7 M version (plenty of grunt) ?

Edited by richard_smith237

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've been driving in Thailand without any licence, never needed one... so you can get away without having a licence.... :whistling: (of course, not true)

The reality is....  if you are in Thailand for longer than a holiday you really should be getting a Thai Driving licence - Experience may very, however, there is only one sensible and intelligent path to take which is not to leave yourself open...

Op: Getting a Thai licence is an easy process, only an idiot decides to take the short-cut and decide they don't need one - they'll get caught out at some point.

--------

On Discounts etc: I bought the X5 (F15) when it first came out, no discounts (except 1 year insurance, mats, film, golf bag - usual stuff).

Managed to jump the queue and get the car in 4 days or so by paying cash.

Discounts are more likely on older models. 

OP: On a slightly different note: Have you looked at the Volvos? (XC90) are looking specifically at the X7 M version (plenty of grunt) ?

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience.

I have ordered the X7 M50d,  paid 500k for booking, and they will delivery in 2 weeks, after then will pay the rest in cash.

I prefer X7 M more,  as the engine is really good, its even faster than my porsche 911 Carrera(2013) for 0-100m

another reason for choosing X7, its because i have a lot of visitors oftenly,  so 7 seats is more useful

Edited by SatoshiNakamoto

On 8/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, SatoshiNakamoto said:

I have ordered the X7 M50d,  paid 500k for booking, and they will delivery in 2 weeks, after then will pay the rest in cash.

I prefer X7 M more,  as the engine is really good, its even faster than my porsche 911 Carrera(2013) for 0-100m

another reason for choosing X7, its because i have a lot of visitors oftenly,  so 7 seats is more useful

Well there you go ... you are a happy chappie ...but why didn't you keep the porsche for when you want to pose ....

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, SatoshiNakamoto said:

Don't think the 0-100 times would come into my equation in LOS...????

On 7/30/2019 at 6:15 PM, Isaanbiker said:

130,000 baht for one year first class insurance? Impossible.

The premium for the first year for a 1MB car would be around 20,000B so 6 times that for a vehicle that is worth 9 times more seems quite possible to me, especially as any BMW repair would cost an arm and a leg.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The premium for the first year for a 1MB car would be around 20,000B so 6 times that for a vehicle that is worth 9 times more seems quite possible to me, especially as any BMW repair would cost an arm and a leg.

First year‘s insurance on an E class is around 70,000 baht.  The guy could’ve bought an XC 90 and had free insurance and a discount for 500,000 baht at least 

Edited by JAS21