Transactions-Transferwise-make it right...

On 7/31/2019 at 10:03 AM, Varrius said:

After almost 12 months of Transferwise sending MY money to MY Bangkok Bank account and it showing as a Foreign transfer, this month they sent it via the Kasikorn bank then onto my BKK bank which now shows a domestic transfer so no marriage extension for me next month. However this post by Glegolo was very helpful and I hope It will resolve my Problems next year.

I have used Transferwise for 2 years and have been very satisfied.  However maybe there is a better way forward.

This year in April  I did my retirement extension using 12 months of transfers of more then 65,000B per month. There were 3 that had come via Kasikorn Bank and then into my Bangkok Bank Immigration were not that worried because I showed that they had originated from Australia by showing my Transferwise PDFs. 

Good idea is to check with your local Immigration office what they will accept.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a977 said:

Aren't you the lucky one, all that money and nothing to do with it but skite to the rest of us how well off you are

No Mr a977, I am not well off by any means but after 40 odd years hard working I am not skint either. I look after and manage what I have saved carefully, and do what I think is best to be able to stay here with my lady in the house I have built for us.

Sorry if you think I am bragging about my 'wealth', I certainly am not.

I formed a TransferWise Facebook Group which is basically a TransferWise Users Group. Most members are Expats who are needing to document 65K Baht X 12 months deposited with International Transfer encoding in their Thai Bank Account. We have nearly 200 members do far.  Through making test transfers using TW and choosing as the Reason "Funds for Long term stay in Thailand". While we have less than 15 tests transfers the results show all but one obtained an encoding of International Transfer (or equivalent code) And we are not sure if the negative one was done correctly. 

Plus, one member called a senior TW support Tech. After a long chat she guided him to a document that makes it clear that choosing the Reason as "Funds for Long term stay in Thailand" will cause the transfer to be routed to the TW Thai Bank Partner that will result in an encoding of International Transfer or equivalent coding for the transfer deposit. 

The document is a bit complicated in wording and next time I will post a copy of it. 

Edited by JDGRUEN
Spelling and clarification
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

I formed a TransferWise Facebook Group which is basically a TransferWise Users Group. Most members are Expats who are needing to document 65K Baht X 12 months deposited with International Transfer encoding in their Thai Bank Account. We have nearly 200 members do far.  Through making test transfers using TW and choosing as the Reason "Funds for Long term stay in Thailand". While we have less than 15 tests transfers the results show all but one obtained an encoding of International Transfer (or equivalent code) And we are not sure if the negative one was done correctly. 

Plus, one member called a senior TW support Tech. After a long chat she guided him to a document that makes it clear that choosing the Reason as "Funds for Long term stay in Thailand" will cause the transfer to be routed to the TW Thai Bank Partner that will result in an encoding of International Transfer or equivalent coding for the transfer deposit. 

The document is a bit complicated in wording and next time I will post a copy of it. 

Thanks for the information. Really appreciated. Some of us oldies don't/can't use Facebook. We would be eternally grateful if you could give us a link to any further updates/information via this forum.

7 hours ago, sumrit said:

Thanks for the information. Really appreciated. Some of us oldies don't/can't use Facebook. We would be eternally grateful if you could give us a link to any further updates/information via this forum.

Any link I could create about this TW users group actions or findings would be Facebook links.  So not sure how that would help. 

I'm 73 manage 4 Facebook Groups and heavily use several more. Not using Facebook seems to me is a choice. Tons of serious - helpful info on FB. It is hardly the frivolous place people try to make it out to be. One does not have to put all personal info on FB. A FB profile can be rather skimpy revealing next to nothing about the person. 

6 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

Any link I could create about this TW users group actions or findings would be Facebook links.  So not sure how that would help.

My daughter uses facebook so she could look.

6 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

Not using Facebook seems to me is a choice.

Yes, it is a choice. I fully accept there can be a lot of good information but, from past experience, I simply don't trust it.