Round up workers from HomePro to finish the road bt Rayong and Pattaya

ghworker2010

The stretch of road in between Rayong and Pattaya has been going on a long time - estimating 2 yrs. Perhaps some local lads can confirm?

When I take that route I don't see many workers on site. In comparison the local HomePro has hundreds standing around doing sweet FA. Cant some of these workers be recruited for the roads?

Whats the estimated date of completion for that road?

thanks

Last I saw was April 2020.

Motorway says they are constructing toll plazas.

Scuttlebutt is that there are a few unfinished sections due to land disputes.

Everything I have seen is top quality design and construction.  No idea why they did not construct toll plazas same time as motorway, or why there are still land disputes.

TIT.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

The stretch of road in between Rayong and Pattaya has been going on a long time - estimating 2 yrs. Perhaps some local lads can confirm?

Streuth, don't remind me, it seems like forever!  I live at the Sukhumvit end and progress seems slow.

36 road is the one that goes to Rayong and seems to have a lot of workers standing by. They are building a few bridges over intersections but there is also a lot of road being resurfaced with concrete that isn’t really needed or was done a few years ago. Concrete factory guy obviously has a big house and a nice car now.

Motorway 7 extension going to Map Tha Phut/ Utapao airport is the one with the land disputes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not only in Thailand, on the M4 for around 15 miles around the Reading area they're converting the motorway into a 'Smart Motorway'. In other words, it'll have a variable speed limit on it, which is hardly the height of AI nowadays. The road works are covered by average speed cameras so there's no getting away from the 50 mph limit for mile after mile after mile...... and then you realise that you hardly ever see anybody actually doing any work there. I'm guessing they could probably have done it in a quarter of the time they're allowing if they bothered using workers 24 hours a day, but that concept seems to have gone out of fashion. Maybe the Rayong/Pattaya road works are just a reflection of how much like a 'developed country' Thailand is nowadays. Or maybe they're using the same useless contractors. Whatever, as always these days, the customer is the least important of all the various considerations.

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Maybe the Rayong/Pattaya road works are just a reflection of how much like a 'developed country' Thailand is nowadays. Or maybe they're using the same useless contractors. Whatever, as always these days, the customer is the least important of all the various considerations.

It isn't that bad, you can see work ongoing. But it is such a big project with bridge building, road building and frontage roads also being constructed. It is also pretty dangerous with unlit areas with big holes and traffic choking and many U-turns closed. 

On July 31, 2019 at 11:02 PM, Boca said:

36 road is the one that goes to Rayong and seems to have a lot of workers standing by. They are building a few bridges over intersections but there is also a lot of road being resurfaced with concrete that isn’t really needed or was done a few years ago. Concrete factory guy obviously has a big house and a nice car now.

Motorway 7 extension going to Map Tha Phut/ Utapao airport is the one with the land disputes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have no idea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siam_Cement_Group

1.  No

2. Home pro is in Rayong.

3.  The workers standing around are not employed by Home Pro they are sales staff employed by vendors who have product on sale in Home Pro.  

I know your thread was meant to bash the work habits of Thais but if you actually knew anything about retail sales and merchandising it would help.  

Edited by marcusarelus

18 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There is 2 in Pattaya!

Plenty of spare bodies there too, hiding in the aisles playing with their phones, have to watch out for falling over them. 

Quite familiar with the work habits too, it is don't do any! (Actually I have found them not bad in HomePro, some are helpful and despite language barriers try to help. A bit pushy on water heaters).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

1.  No

3.  The workers standing around are not employed by Home Pro they are sales staff employed by vendors who have product on sale in Home Pro.  

I know your thread was meant to bash the work habits of Thais but if you actually knew anything about retail sales and merchandising it would help.  

That explains all the people in the store but only 2 people at the cashiers

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is 2 in Pattaya!

Plenty of spare bodies there too, hiding in the aisles playing with their phones, have to watch out for falling over them. 

Quite familiar with the work habits too, it is don't do any! (Actually I have found them not bad in HomePro, some are helpful and despite language barriers try to help. A bit pushy on water heaters).

I guess you didn't read my post.  The employees are not hired by Home Pro.  They work for the vendors and are there to sell specific merchandise like Toshiba washers. I thought the road was done on the Pattaya end?  No?

Edited by marcusarelus

41 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I guess you didn't read my post.  The employees are not hired by Home Pro.  They work for the vendors and are there to sell specific merchandise like Toshiba washers. I thought the road was done on the Pattaya end?  No?

They are still lazy buggers. ????

Hell no, still ongoing, far from done (Hwy 36 at the Banglamung end), just been through it, a royal mess.