Video: American tourist in custody for criminal damage to cars in Chiang Mai

webfact

Doesn't make sense to organize a police unit based on the nationality of the perpetrator. You organize police units based on the type of crime in order to build expertise. You have units dedicated to specific types of crimes, sometimes with a focus on a specific nationality like Chinese espionage, Russian organized crime, Mexican drug trafficking, etc., but you don't have units dedicated to handling British drunk and disorderly, Irish shoplifting, Australian vagrancy, Chinese public disturbance, African-American vandalism, or French vaping violations.

Still waiting for @donnacha to cite his source that the Blackhawk unit was specifically formed to handle crimes committed by African-Americans in Chiang Mai. Only reference on the web that I can find on Google is this thread and a city in US named Black Hawk, nothing to do with African-Americans.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

just give him a daily testicle spanking until he pays up.

this is a scumbag, unlike the woman in the classy pic

posing in front of a temple, that can be used to promote tourism

You have a nerve to call him scumbag. What do you call yourself. There is way more crime and worse by you Caucasians.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Doesn't make sense to organize a police unit based on the nationality of the perpetrator. You organize police units based on the type of crime in order to build expertise. You have units dedicated to specific types of crimes, sometimes with a focus on a specific nationality like Chinese espionage, Russian organized crime, Mexican drug trafficking, etc., but you don't have units dedicated to handling British drunk and disorderly, Irish shoplifting, Australian vagrancy, Chinese public disturbance, African-American vandalism, or French vaping violations.

French vaping? Makes it sound like a euphemism.

• Haha 1

why always Americans?

i guess americans have the highest crime rate in Thailand.

and high profile crimes too from drug smuggling to dealing to guns to extortion rackets etc.

Thai police should round up Americans and check them more with an operation called 'American Eagle'

20 minutes ago, Galactus said:

why always Americans?

and high profile crimes too from drug smuggling to dealing to guns to extortion rackets etc.

Thai police should round up Americans and check them more with an operation called 'American Eagle'

And, Boiler Rooms

10 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I agree completely with you-  I am amazed how a simple news item involving an American who happens to be a person of color, and did something  foolish has degenerated into some of the most racist rantings that I can remember.

Some of these posters would have fit right in during the Era of Jim Crow in the 50s and 60s, undoubtedly the same type of person that watches professional soccer in Europe and screams out racist epitaphs.  

Racism exists in this world today. It has, it is and it will exist forever, as long as the present species of humans exists. The bitter truth.

Edit

Are you amazed how a simple news item involving an American who happens to be a person of color, and did something  foolish? How about if he/she was of a different nationality? For example Thai, Indian, Chinese etc etc

Edited by ravip

35 minutes ago, Galactus said:

why always Americans?

Naw we give them too much $ and military tech support.

China lapping at nether regions lately tho....

5 hours ago, brokenbone said:

just give him a daily testicle spanking until he pays up.

this is a scumbag, unlike the woman in the classy pic

posing in front of a temple, that can be used to promote tourism

Which woman in front of a temple ? You mean, the leggy Serbian tourist ? ????

Just now, rumak said:

and if i may,   i will add discrimination based on  age, gender, race, marriage, disability, religion  sexual orientation,  height. looks, weight, size of breasts , hair color,  toothpaste used

Get a life and stop crying so much .   Or at least get Netflix

Touched a raw nerve?

Does no one think that 50,000bht is a rip off for 3 windshields, if he is in fact guilty. My gf has had 3 cars repairs since we've been together, none of them have been close to one-third of 50,000bht. If he did do it, and he pays, I guarantee they get a new windshield and the work done for around 4,000 - 7,000bht each and pocket the rest of the money. If he did do it, such childish behavior. I've never been drunk enough to break other people's stuff, pretty immature and shameful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think most tourists from the USA would have access to 50K usually on a U.S. bank based ATM card. Maybe he's an exception. Maybe he didn't budget well enough for his trip. Maybe he was misinformed about how "cheap" it is to travel in Thailand. In any case, if it's mostly a matter of coming up with that sum or another negotiated sum, maybe the U.S. consulate can help him contact people back in the U.S. that might wire the money.

You would be wrong.  Americans may earn more money than most of the world but costs and short-sightedness tend to offset that.  Most Americans have very little in savings.  The thought that we are all rich is a myth.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/pf/americans-lack-of-savings/index.html

• Like 1