SMS Account Alert.

I am with BKK Bank and I have not been getting my sms account alerts.

I called them and the guy said it doesn't work when the banks are closed . ( yeh okay mate )

So I called back and spoke to a lady , she says that the requirement for an alert is 500 baht or more.

I explained that previously I have had alerts for less than that , the most recent 8 days ago , and my last Two transactions were well above the 500 baht limit.

After some close your phone and restart procedures , she was no further help .

She said she would report it and somebody will get back to me.

Not holding my breath.

The only SMS notification I get from BBL is when a foreign transfer is credited to my account.

All other notifications are via email.

You may be able to adjust these via the mobile app; no SMS option for me online (iBanking), other than transfer to a third party: My Setiings, Alerts and Notifications.

Maybe you can configure these with an in-person visit?

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The only SMS notification I get from BBL is when a foreign transfer is credited to my account.

All other notifications are via email.

You may be able to adjust these via the mobile app; no SMS option for me online (iBanking), other than transfer to a third party: My Setiings, Alerts and Notifications.

Maybe you can configure these with an in-person visit?

I get SMS notifications for withdrawals, transfers - local and international- and balance(daily) on all my accounts and have been for 2 years.

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

I don't have the paid SMS service, but below is what is suppose to be provided.

There are various SMS alert options - overseas fund receipt is this

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/SMS-Services/SMS-Remittance-Alert

Card spending alert

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/SMS-Services/SMS-Card-Spending-Alert

I don't have the paid SMS service, but below is what is suppose to be provided.  

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/SMS-Services/SMS-Account-Alert

image.png.272ec3cc88fb31abd65e331e75cab0f9.png&key=bc9810aae44323178a16c296a561f1f285bba4dfb8141d2bfb918e18e0f59afa

I’m a little confused.

I phoned the automated number and enrolled for the sms spending alerts. No mention of any fee so I assume free.

I was then going to enroll for the sms account alerts but cancelled when 15 baht per month was mentioned in the automated terms and conditions.

How do I receive the free sms notifying me of an overseas transfer that has arrived?

Edit: I’ve found it now.

Just had an e mail from BKK bank telling me that there are 3 intervals in the day , that if a transaction is made in between these times (or somebody steals all your money) you do not get a notification.  

Archived