Where To Find Good Farang Boyfriends?

I have never thought before that I would reach the point that I will have to seek for men but as time goes by, more and more my friends are getting married and have stready relationship with their lovers while I am still single.

I wonder where decent farang, who are gentlemen,fair-looking, reasonably educated and SINGLE! are in Bangkok. Sad enough that two of my best friends are facing the same problem; cannot find the right one.

Our profiles are quite similar : young sweet beautiful women at age of 25-27, all graduated Masters degree-- 2 studied in Europe, speak 3 languages--Thai, English,and other European lang., no fianancial problems and SINGLE.

Any suggestion?

Rainman , would you share your successful experience? :o

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, by putting myself in the position of a thai girl (okay, that sounds funny, i know), i would think the best places are the ones where no or little amount of tourists hang out. It'll take you a great time filtering through the men who are only here or vacation, the ones who claim they live here and really don't and the ones who really do live here. I dont think you want to get romantically involved with someone who only spends a few weeks per year here. I know of some places where farang men living here hang out. I could think of even one or two single ones. Maybe coffee shops of office buildings where farangs are working? Foreign restaurants which are not tourism-directed are my best suggestion.

most farang guys hang around in nana,cowboy or patpong.. So ive been told.. You should maybe try looking there :o

In my opinion, the chance of finding a "decent" guy looking for a relationship at Nana or similar places are very very slim.

yes i have also heard that only likley probable places are Nana and Patpong to find farang male?

I dont think so !!!

i sure dont hang around there. but then again, i'm probably not decent, fair looking or reasonably educated either. *modest rainman* :o:D

i sure dont hang around there. but then again, i'm probably not decent, fair looking or reasonably educated either. *modest rainman* :o:D

Pumpkin, you are definitely decent, good looking and educated..

Are you into older ladies, by the way? :D

I'm voting for Sunburn. Young, slim, good looking, faithful, great in bed (Can sleep for hours!) SINGLE! Ok so I'm not in Bangkok yet but I'll be there at the end of the year! There ya go there's one for ya! :o

Chances in Nana area are too slim, me thinks. Those businessmen might get us all wrong though.

Don't know where to go too, Candy. But another no-go zone is the Huntsman. Most of the guests are old farts. My filipino mate was singing there for a while. We hardly found decent blokes there.

Let me ask my wife if I am available.

Ouchhhh! That frying pan hurts when it bounces off of your head. :o

but seriously my neighbor has been to Thailand 3 times and he keeps telling me he would love to go out with a Thai woman who could speak english. He will be in Thailand in february 2005, If you would like to meet him. I am not sure on how well long distance relationship work. If your are interested pm me and I will tell you a little bit more info on him.

But another no-go zone is the Huntsman. Most of the guests are old farts. My filipino mate was singing there for a while. We hardly found decent blokes there.

A number of years ago I used to visit Bangkok every few weeks and tended to spend evenings in the Huntsman Pub (I stayed in the Landmark).

From what I remember their were few guys older than me. Errrr, what am I saying here?

:o

This post does raise the qestion 'Are there actually any decent farang guys in Thailand??' :D

Several friends of my Thai GF have been pressing her to help them find a nice farang boyfriend, (just like me :D ). Well, she asked me if I know any nice guys. I had to say that I knew quite a few farang guys back in the UK who would love to have a Thai GF, but this was based on pure sexual lust etc etc (which of course I am not guilty of...).

The more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that I know of no decent farang guys that I would want to introduce to my Thai friends :D

Maybe I have been mixing in the wrong company :o

Where to find good farang boyfriends?

Try to check out farang country, loads of them and quality ones.

The other thing is that it's easier to stay in farang country once married, Thailand is complicated and has no clear respect for marriages between foreigners and Thai nationals, not in the sense that it would make staying in the Kingdom easier.

What I find interesting is that people are looking for a farang boyfriend, what's wrong with Thai boyfriends? :o

Dutchy

I wonder where decent farang, who are gentlemen,fair-looking, reasonably educated and SINGLE! are in Bangkok.

Probably sitting in front of their computers.

You might try checking out places where farang guys hang out after work to socialize with each other. I've heard the Bull's Head and The Londoner on Sukhumvit are that type of place, but I've never been to either. Also, possibly the franchise pubs, like O'Reilly's.

Simon,

I too feel reluctanct to provide contact info (pimpin without the pecuniary benefit)s between thai and farang friends. Even though I'm still (going on 3 yrs) happily thai/farang married, I'm not to optimistic about the prospects should I point out a "good man" to one of my thai aquaintances... (he may not be rich enough to be "good"...and she may not be good enough to be "rich" emotionally)...

/// DFW

From what I remember their were few guys older than me. Errrr, what am I saying here?

:D

Yorkie.. Either you're an old fart, or my mate was too hot for that place :D

I think you know the answer to that already Elsie!! :o

LC -could send Candy to Hard Rock...seems like their might be some available lads there ? :o

Yeah, lots of young and good looking blokes there.. sometimes. But most of them are after that one thing only. I was so bloody lucky to meet my darling there that night.. :D

I think you know the answer to that already Elsie!!  :D

Yeah, afraid I do, blonco. I've noticed you guys are on the Old Farts Chat Show. :D

I'm a really nice bloke and I'm funny too, but intelligent as I am I'm a bit of an indecisive <deleted> at times, and in a bit of a panic as I approach thirty so I bite my nails a lot, but at least I'm honest about muself.

I'm probably a much better friend to have than a boyfriend, and I'm up for meeting up with anyone who's decent, well educated and a good laugh and conversationist, so if you have the guts you can PM me and if we don't fancy each other then I'm sure I can at least help you find the guy you're looking for.

My very best wishes,

Scamp. :o

Our profiles are quite similar : young sweet beautiful women at age of 25-27, all graduated Masters degree-- 2 studied in Europe, speak 3 languages--Thai, English,and other European lang., no fianancial problems and SINGLE.

If you want to find the guys you're describing, I recommend places like Dubliner, Shenanigans (or whatever it's called now), and other post-work farang hangouts.

Best strategy, though, is to network- see if those girls who have already found someone can recommend a guy. This is the only way I've been able to find the type of women you describe as well... not exactly many opportunities to mix and mingle otherwise.

Cheers!