Which Non O Visa

I am a UK Citizen and married to a Thai lady for the last 10 years (also now Uk Citizen).

I am over 50 (not retired) and want to travel late Sept for >30 days but need a non-tourist visa so I can get my Thai Driving Licence renewed and the House Book updated.

Done the e-visa (Non O) for stay greater than 60 days online (Can't find a better option to choose).

It asks for bank statements but doesn't say what they should show and only allows a 500kb file (which is too small for 3 months worth of bank statements). If the 800k requirement is needed can this be in different accounts? e.g. Three account totalling >800k+

Is there a better class of non visitor visa?

What is the requirement financially?

Can it be in our Thai bank accounts?

Can it be in multiple UK accounts?

Also, (apart from passport) does the other documentation need to be originals?

We have an apartment in BKK so accommodation proof isn't an issue.

Always got a multi entry Non O but they don't allow multi entry now so a trip to Cambodia for a few days is out of the question :(

It's driving me made so any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Stuart

p.s. It was so much simpler with the old one page form :(

1 hour ago, StuartM said:

If the 800k requirement is needed can this be in different accounts? e.g. Three account totalling >800k+

You certainly don’t need to show 800K (retirement), it would a maximum of 400K, but I doubt they want to see anywhere near that much either.

Their website showed a requirement to provide financials for years, but many people, including myself, have received them without submitting any financials. 

Is there a better class of non visitor visa?

No. You should apply for a Single Entry Non-immigrant O visa. It will give you 90 days on entry, and as long as your wife is registered at an address in Thailand you’d be able to extend for another 60 days, in country (1,900 baht), if required.

What is the requirement financially?

I’ve no idea how much they want to see as it’s unclear. They no longer specify an amount in the website. I would submit a bank statement that has a few thousand pounds, or shows a regular salary.

Can it be in our Thai bank accounts?

Probably.

Can it be in multiple UK accounts?

Probably.

Also, (apart from passport) does the other documentation need to be originals?

You upload and send copies of originals. You don’t need to send original documents. They will want a copy of your marriage certificate and wife’s Thai ID or passport. Include a copy of her Tabian Baan if you have it. 

Forgot to ask...

If I leave Thailand for a few days (to go to Vietnam) then I guess I can only return as a Visitor? Or can I reinstate my Non O before I go or when I return?

Or can I make it multiple entry in Thailand as I can't apply for multiple now in the UK.

Many Thanks

Stu

Edited by StuartM

Forgot to ask...

If I leave Thailand for a few days (to go to Vietnam) then I guess I can only return as a Visitor? Or can I reinstate my Non O before I go or when I return?

If you buy a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) on your way out you can protect your 90 day stay permit.

If you left after day 30 and stayed out 5 days you would receive the remaining 55 days on return.

Or can I make it multiple entry in Thailand as I can't apply for multiple now in the UK.

No. The entry visa can’t be changed.

Apologies if not directly related to previous topic but a query in the visa category. This question is set against the background of the termination of the Non O multiple entry visa, issued by London and based on State Pension. My current visa, as above, expires first wk of Apr next year and while i realize many further visa changes can happen between this and then, the answer would greatly help me make advance plans.

So, if i leave and return to Thailand before the expiry of the current visa (say 6th Apr) would i be granted an additional 90 days, as is the case now. I understand this is a crystal-ball type of question, but i would be grateful for more educated views/opinions than mine. Thanks in advance  

3 minutes ago, Figglymiggly said:

Thanks in advance 

You said your Visa expires first week of April next year, presuming that is after the 6th, there should be no problem whatsoever.  Previously issued visas are not affected. 

Thanks jacko45k, appreciate the speedy reply. Hoping no further changes are in place by that time, but assuming not and for the sake of clarity, i can leave and return anytime before expiry on the 6th Apr and be granted the additional 90 days? Final question, the additional time will of course be single entry, is it possible to leave again and buy a re-entry permit at the airport during those 90 days? Grateful for the reply.  

2 hours ago, Figglymiggly said:

Thanks jacko45k, appreciate the speedy reply. Hoping no further changes are in place by that time, but assuming not and for the sake of clarity, i can leave and return anytime before expiry on the 6th Apr and be granted the additional 90 days?

Yes. You can enter as often as you want before April 6th and will receive a new 90 day stay every time you enter.

2 hours ago, Figglymiggly said:

Final question, the additional time will of course be single entry, is it possible to leave again and buy a re-entry permit at the airport during those 90 days? Grateful for the reply.  

Yes. You can protect any 90 day stay with a re-entry permit; however, you lose any days you’re out of the country. E.g. If you leave after day 20 and stay out 10 days, they will give you the remains 60 days when you use the re-entry permit.

Does anyone know if a Non-O-A retirement visa can be obtained at the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh? My current one is going to expire before I can process an Extension of Stay (I waited too long to start the process and lacked some paperwork when I applied on the last day). Any information most welcome. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Does anyone know if a Non-O-A retirement visa can be obtained at the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh? My current one is going to expire before I can process an Extension of Stay (I waited too long to start the process and lacked some paperwork when I applied on the last day). Any information most welcome. Thanks.

Not unless you are Cambodian or resident in Cambodia. You will probably only get one in your home country.

All you need is a Non O and that is available in the region. Or you could enter as a tourist and apply for the Non O from immigration once in the country.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Thanks so much for the responses. Elviajero, what is a "Non-O" as opposed to a "Non O-A" which is what I have now and have had Extensions for the past 3 years?

A OA visa issued at embassy in your home country allows unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue.

A non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

A non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:26 AM, elviajero said:

All you need is a Non O and that is available in the region.

Which embassy or consulate in the region is issuing Non O (90 day) visa at the moment? Are the requirements as listed on their web sites current or additional requirements needed.?

(On basis of retirement, over 50 years old)

Edited by ToTheBeach
Add info