Questions Re ; Per Month Minimal Income Method solely for Extension to Non Immigrant Visas

Re ; Per Month Minimal Income Method solely for Extension to Non Immigrant Visas

QUESTIONS :

1_

Per electronic only" foreign transfer of funds arriving into one or more bank account in Thailand ;

Does Thailand Immigration Bureau accept :

1_1_

Wire Transfer ?

1_2_

Electronic Funds Transfer [ E.F.T. ] ; a.k.a. Automated Clearing Houses Transfer [ A.C.H. Transfer ]

Ref.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_transfer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_funds_transfer

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2_

Does Thailand Immigration Bureau accept the per month minimal income as consisting of income arriving into more than one bank account in Thailand ?

If "Yes" ;

2_1_

Does Thailand Immigration Bureau accept the per month minimal income as consisting of :

2_1_1_

some income recorded as "electronic only" foreign transfer of funds arriving into one or more bank account in Thailand ?

PLUS

2_1_2_

some income recorded as income earned from work associated with work permit valid for that period ?

2_2_

Does Thailand Immigration Bureau accept the per month minimal income as consisting of :

2_2_1_

some income recorded as "electronic only" foreign transfer of funds arriving into one or more bank account in Thailand ?

PLUS

2_2_2_

some income by way of "physical" Cashier's Cheque / Check from bank outside of Thailand into one, or more, bank account* in Thailand ?

*Bank account as :

A_

Thai Baht bank account

or

B_

Nominated foreign currency bank [ F.C.B. ] account

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanking yee all in advance for your positive constructive relevant answers,

Our Man in the Tropics 

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you really want most of what you wrote to be scratched out?

No

I sent it without checking how it appears ;

I hope that I can still undue the "strike-through" formatting ;

That formatting was never intended.

By the way,- I hope that my use of "arrows" so as to help the reading of my original post is permissible.

1. Yes If they are shown as international transfers into the country.

1.1 ACH is only used for domestic transfers within the US. 

It is possible to set up transfers by ACH for some government pensions via Bangkok Bank's New York branch to a special direct deposit account. 

1.2 Those would be transfers by SWIFT.

2.1.1 They will accept ti going into more than one account. But it is more effort for you when comes time to proving your income.

2.1.2 You cannot mix income from working here and funds transferred into the country.

2.2.2 No

A and B are both accepted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot mix income from working here and funds transferred into the country.

Could I just ask in Theory would they also reject income in country from Bonds and something similar to an Annuity, being combined with overseas savings transferred in from overseas? (though probably not for the married extension as understand they want the whole 40k/m from one income type?)

23 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Could I just ask in Theory would they also reject income in country from Bonds and something similar to an Annuity, being combined with overseas savings transferred in from overseas? (though probably not for the married extension as understand they want the whole 40k/m from one income type?)

The should a accept that and income transferred into the country with good proof it was earned legally.

It is possible it would be accepted for an extension based upon marriage.

• Thanks 1

For sure,- monthly foreign transfer transactions in order to be accepted as income for minimal income per month needs to be recorded as entering into applicant's Thai bank account as foreign transfer transaction.

QUESTIONS :

1_

That is the sole condition upon the monthly foreign transfer transaction income ?

i.e.

1_1_

No problem if the monthly income arises from :

1_1_1_

earnings outside of Thailand ?

1_1_2_

recompense by monthly installments of monies owed from outside of Thailand ?

2_

Foreign transfer transaction can be :

2_1_

from bank account of payee in a foreign country ?

2_2_

from bank account of private person in a foreign country ?

2_3_

from bank account of a business in a foreign country ?

2_4_

from some special transfer service of commercial bank ?

3_

How is some Transferwise service useful for :

3_1_

accomplishing recording of foreign transfer transaction as exactly that ?

3_2_

saving costs ?

4_

Does CIMB have some service that is useful for :

4_1_

accomplishing recording of foreign transfer transaction as exactly that ?

4_2_

saving costs ?

Ref.

https://www.cimbthai.com/en/personal/index.html

5_

Is it advantageous to applicant that sender use bank brand branch located in foreign country for to send foreign funds to applicant's bank account in that brand branch in Thailand ?

i.e.

FROM

bank brand in foreign country

TO

very same bank brand in Thailand

If "Yes" or "Not necessarily so" ;

5_1_

Is it advantageous to applicant that sender use "Thai" bank brand branch located in foreign country for to send foreign funds to applicant's bank account in that very "Thai" brand branch in Thailand ?

i.e.

FROM

"Thai" bank brand in foreign country

TO

very same "Thai" bank brand in Thaialnd

I just got my retirement from the States direct deposited to my local Bangkok Bank, in my bankbook it shows as a BTN transfer.  Anybody know what a BTN transfer is---I hope it means international transfer or I'm in trouble for my next extension of stay

11 minutes ago, edandpranee said:

I just got my retirement from the States direct deposited to my local Bangkok Bank, in my bankbook it shows as a BTN transfer.  Anybody know what a BTN transfer is---I hope it means international transfer or I'm in trouble for my next extension of stay

It means Baht Net which is a domestic transfer.

The US treasury is sending the transfer through CitiBank.

It is possible to a credit advice from your bank that will show how it was sent.

There is info here about on the home country forum. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Would visa extension applicant be assured that foreign transfer transaction funds arriving into their Thai bank account be recorded thus were :

A_

the very bank brand Citibank, Thailand ?

B_

the very bank brand Citibank, Thailand AND the account at a particular branch of Citibank in Thailand ?

If the funds arrived your Bangkok Bank acct and receive the BTN coding you can get the credit advice from Bangkok Bank.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

If the funds arrived your Bangkok Bank acct and receive the BTN coding you can get the credit advice from Bangkok Bank.

But,- the particular immigration official may find that extra layer of information too difficult to understand & to record in the applicant's favor ;

Net result,- immigration official insist that they will base their decision on simple version of applicant's statement of monthly income.

However, of course,- they may co-operate.

Anyway,- for purpose of having the foreign transfer income classed as exactly that in their Thai bank account,- would it be advantageous for the non-immigrant visa extension applicant to have those funds entering some Citibank, Thailand bank account of theirs ?

12 hours ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Anyway,- for purpose of having the foreign transfer income classed as exactly that in their Thai bank account,- would it be advantageous for the non-immigrant visa extension applicant to have those funds entering some Citibank, Thailand bank account of theirs ?

Don't know.  But that "might" just get rid of the last leg of the transfer where Citibank routes it thru a Bank of Thailand Bahtnet SWIFT code.   But then again, Citibank Thailand HQ might still using the same routing just to move the SSA/VA/OPM IDD payment to one of their local branches resulting in the Bahtnet coding. 

Would require someone with a Citibank acct to give it a try....have their SSA/VA/OPM pension payment go to a Cititbank branch.

"Don't know.  But that "might" just get rid of the last leg of the transfer where Citibank routes it thru a Bank of Thailand Bahtnet SWIFT code.   But then again, Citibank Thailand HQ might still using the same routing just to move the SSA/VA/OPM IDD payment to one of their local branches resulting in the Bahtnet coding."

Very interesting thoughts there Pib ;

Thanks.

I will keep those in mind when I pursue further enquiries.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, Pib said:

Don't know.  But that "might" just get rid of the last leg of the transfer where Citibank routes it thru a Bank of Thailand Bahtnet SWIFT code.   But then again, Citibank Thailand HQ might still using the same routing just to move the SSA/VA/OPM IDD payment to one of their local branches resulting in the Bahtnet coding. 

Would require someone with a Citibank acct to give it a try....have their SSA/VA/OPM pension payment go to a Cititbank branch.

I called City Bank and they said they could only release international transfer information if I had a saving account with them I said OK.. She said 1 million baht minimum deposit plus a work permit to open a savings account.  This doesn't work for me.

47 minutes ago, edandpranee said:

I called City Bank and they said they could only release international transfer information if I had a saving account with them I said OK.. She said 1 million baht minimum deposit plus a work permit to open a savings account.  This doesn't work for me.

Yea...Citibank is kinda a HiSo, wealth management type bank....focused towards well-healed folks.   And I don't think they are particularly receptive to US folks.  Below is their application form and a key note.

https://www.citibank.co.th/en/static/pdf/OSRO-ENApr17.pdf

*Effective on April 1st 2017, Citigold status refers to a customer who has opened deposit and/or investment accounts in amount of THB 5 million or higher. Citi Priority status refers to a customer who has opened deposit and/or investment accounts in amount of THB 1 million or higher. The customer who would like to open deposit and/or investment accounts for Citigold or Citi Priority status with wealth management services and exclusive privilege, has to maintain the outstanding balance under the conditions specified by the Bank for 6 months from the opening date. In the event that the Customer has the outstanding balance less than the amount specified by the bank, the bank reserves the right to amend the status including benefits and privileges or close the account without prior notice.

• Thanks 1