England V France

BROWNY

Just confirmed it, it will be "officially" open until 1am. You need to enter before 1am as they will close the doors at that time but the game England vs. France starts at 1:45am and you can stay, drink and eat until it finishes, around 3am.

Hoping someone can help me !

I get into BKK on 13th June - the day of the big match (England v France), but before I decide which part of the country to head to I need to ensure i get to somewhere where the game is being shown.

The result is a foregone conclusion , France will beat england without any trouble .

The French players know the wrinkles as they play in england so they will have no trouble with the carthorse de englais ..

i predict the score France 3 - 1 England ....

So did we come to a conlusion?

Will the Euro 2004 Football Championships be shown with English commentary?

UBC, if they show it, will have English commentary.

Thai TV will have adverts and Thai commentary.

I'm hoping for UBC coverage of all the games.....Feeling fuzzy already.

:o

I have recently found out some info. Two Thai channels will be showing all the matches (I think they are Channel 3 and 7). As for commercials, we will just have to wait and see. During the last World Cup, all the matches were commercial-free but before then, they had commercials during matches in all the major tournaments.

ESPN, for some reason, will be televising the matches in India only. I guess for UBC, the only hope is Supersport/Supersport Gold.

Regards,

Jem

I imagine sales of replica England shirts will go through the roof over the next month in Thailand !

Loads of Thai girls drooling over Beckham, and Thaksin cheering on Owen and Gerrard - his potential new investments !!

13/6 England v France 1.45 am Thai time

17/6 England v Switzerland 11pm

21/6 England v Croatia 1.45 am

All my male service service staff have been given England Euro 2004 polo shirts to wear to work on the 13th.

come on England :o

Oops sorry,

I thought just for a moment this thread was about that game played by (and mostly watched by) gentlemen.

Then I realised that the real men from England will be in NZ meeting up with the AB's.

Now that will be a contest of "men" and not pussycats.

It is true though that one or two of these guys might have "different" preferences hence you see a few more of them kissing and cuddling on the pitch nowadays (not anything like the epidemic that you see in the round ball code :o )

Oops sorry,

I thought just for a moment this thread was about that game played by (and mostly watched by) gentlemen.

Then I realised that the real men from England will be in NZ meeting up with the AB's.

Now that will be a contest of "men" and not pussycats.

It is true though that one or two of these guys might have "different" preferences hence you see a few more of them kissing and cuddling on the pitch nowadays (not anything like the epidemic that you see in the round ball code :o )

Sorry, J-B-G, but the first rule of RFU is still 'No *** poofters!' (not even pommies are allowed to break this rule). And anyway, who'd want to kiss Martin Johnson (ret'd) or any of the front row of either side?

It starts at 1:45am so it's pot luck as to where's open!!

The Game is on Sunday 13th of June @ 00:45 Thai Time Kick-Off (Portugal is 5(five) Hours BEHIND BKK Time and not 6 as is the case with the UK).

could someone please clear up on the exact time the matches start? dont have a telly so maybe could someone check times with the thai tv channels?

as far as i know, portugal is other than the rest of europe in the same time zone as london, am i right?

cheers!

could someone please clear up on the exact time the matches start? dont have a telly so maybe could someone check times with the thai tv channels?

as far as i know, portugal is other than the rest of europe in the same time zone as london, am i right?

cheers!

They start at 11pm and at 1:45am. Every day up to the quarterfinals. From there on, they're all at 1:45am. Bangkok time that is...