Children drowning: Thailand still worst in ASEAN and twice world average

webfact

8 hours ago, simtemple said:

Don't worry, be happy. Life is cheap, down here in the land of smiling low IQ idiots. 

Highest in road fatalities. Highest in child swimming fatalities. Highest in every criterion that demonstrates a total lack of humanity.

Highest in mass shooting? Highest in dropping bomb on other countries? Highest in invading countries with weapons? Highest in killing woman and kid in Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq? 

Or not?

8 hours ago, simtemple said:

Scum of the earth. 

Where you from? Where you live now?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Even when you see that a Thai is seriously sick and you ask him/her "Sabai dee mai, khrap?", the answer is always "Sabai dee, khrap, or kha.

Mai sabai ka.

or 

Mai koi sabai

is what people say to me if sick.

Sure you hear correct way?

4 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Thailand is worst for most things!!!

Children die for lack of education plus investment and the law upheld!

This is Thailand!

Disgusting.

And this they call Paradise!

4 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Children die for lack of education plus investment and law enforcement.

This is Thailand!

Too busy taking photos,  extoring money, pointing fingers, eating and shouting at each other!

Children are dieing and they seem to careless. Face and ego trips seem more important than life and children.

Disgusting.

And they call this Paradise!

Forget something?

you don’t eat?

are we allowed to drink water? Or that annoying you also?

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Please refrain from using Thai language here. Thank you.

Sorry. 

i think that it only thai “script” is problem.

understand now. Will not do again.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Highest in mass shooting? Highest in dropping bomb on other countries? Highest in invading countries with weapons? Highest in killing woman and kid in Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq? 

Or not?

Where you from? Where you live now?

The NotThaiVisa site would love to hear your story bro. It’s a good one.

12 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Children die for lack of education plus investment and the law upheld!

This is Thailand!

Disgusting.

And this they call Paradise!

RE - Thailand is worst for most things!!!

* ,,, and best for other things something an increasing number of expats and migrants in addition to more than 30m tourists annually confirm ... :thumbsup:

The Top 10 types of expat in Thailand (2019)

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/the-top-10-types-of-expat-in-thailand-2019

18 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Part of the problem is the almost total lack of pool safety fences in Thailand, typical safety last thinking that is the standard here.

Or anywhere else in the world that is not part of the US, pool fences are a very US thing. Never seen one in Europe anywhere, and we have a very low number of drownings. Teaching kids to swim is way more productive than placing 3 million fences.

21 hours ago, bowerboy said:

Inknow that drives me insane...offshore guy doing well and has bought the family a flash SUV by then the wife drives the kids around on the motorbike with no helmet for no reason whatsoever.

mind you though many of those offshore guys do exactly the same thing when they come back off leave (and they are working in an industry where safety is absolutely drilled into you all day and everyday).

Strange mentality. But then you have my wife and her younger sister who were never even taught to ride a motorcycle because it's too dangerous. Ditto for other middle class families I know in Bangkok at least - can't and won't get on a motorcycle.

3 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Or anywhere else in the world that is not part of the US, pool fences are a very US thing. Never seen one in Europe anywhere, and we have a very low number of drownings. Teaching kids to swim is way more productive than placing 3 million fences.

True. In Australia, they are law. Even small inflatable pools require a fence around them!!! Says so on an inflatable kiddy pool I purchased about 2 years ago.

This is potentially a fairly easy problem to solve. The best place to start, is to teach children to swim. Where I come from, it was unheard of, to not learn how to become a competent swimmer as a kid. The next area is to take safety seriously. Not sure why public and traffic safety is not taken seriously here. No clue what that is all about. 

Teaching both driving skills, and basic swimming might be a decent place to start, to dramatically lower the rate of deaths here. Makes sense, right? Oh I forgot. Common sense. Not! 

22 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Part of the problem is the almost total lack of pool safety fences in Thailand, typical safety last thinking that is the standard here.

Pool fences are a waste of time, money and energy! Teach your children to survive in the water, "dog paddle" is best for survival and they can use it straight away!

On 8/5/2019 at 12:27 PM, bowerboy said:

We have a nice pool in our village (gated village, moo ban or whatever you would call it).

I regularly see 4 and 5 year old children swimming in the pool completely unsupervised...and I don’t mean Mum at the pool but head buried in iPhone. I mean parents at home while 4 and 5 year olds “swimming” in the pool. None of them can even swim...they jump in and can just barely make it back to the side without drowning.

And these are 1. Middle class Thai families and 2. Kids of guys who work offshore and whose wives take care of the kids while they are away.

If it is that bad in that socioeconomic group then god help the lower socio ecomonmic group.

Totally unforgivaeable by the Leuk Kreung families in my view.

If i was in your position, i would dam well teach them.

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The "Anuban" where our son attended decided to built a swimming pool, even when many parents were opposed to that idea, one of them was my wife.

Then two years ago a little child drowned, of course was nobody responsible for the kid's death.

The face losing community is somehow sick. Why is it so hard to say no?

Even when you see that a Thai is seriously sick and you ask him/her "Sabai dee mai, khrap?", the answer is always "Sabai dee, khrap, or kha.

"Even when you see that a Thai is seriously sick and you ask him/her "Sabai dee mai, khrap?", the answer is always "Sabai dee, khrap, or kha."

Mind that is not just a Thai trait - even farangs give the same answer to that question. An old friend of mine (in his 80's) was in hospital at death's door and his answer (to what is obviously a stupid question, but what else can you say?) was always "Oh, not so bad!"

On 8/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, jschorr said:

Dear Masuk, thank you for mentioning the CM International Rotary Club Children's Water Safety and Drowning Prevention Program.  We are still going strong, now every child who graduates from one of the 11 municipal (tessabon) elementary schools in Chiang Mai will have had the opportunity to complete our survival swimming classes. About 90% successfully complete the course we have taught over 1200 kids in Chiang Mai in the past 4 years and over 2,000 nationwide including programs in Phrao, Patong Beach, Phetchabun, Lampang, and at the BanYa Migrant Learning Centre in Phuket. Anyone interested in learning more about what we do, please personal message me.  Long-term plan is to get the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education to work together to build a mandatory elementary school program. 

mai phen rai!

On 8/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, Matzzon said:

The most strange thing I read sometimes, is when people get saved by a person that drowned during the rescue. Does that mean that the saved ones would have made it anyway?

AVIR syndrome - aquatic victim instead of rescuer syndrome.

Have a google at it, in super short leaving nuance out of it, if the drowing person doesn't cooperate you'd expend too much energy to keep fighting the tides and end belly up yourself.

Archived