Best aircon fan for big room

nomad2019

Don't bother with the one in your link..its an "evaporative cooler"  which doesn't work at all well in a humid country like Thailand.

If you want cool and less humid air ( proper aircon) you need a split unit aircon...Mitsubishi, Daikin,Carrier,York etc  inverter can save a bit on electricity..but more expensive to buy initially and more electronics to go wrong.

1684582874_51H9i4tpsL._SX425_.jpg.44a62941686b31a86adb48921280abf5.jpg

43 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

runs cool moist air

The last thing you want in Thailand is cool moist air.  Would never even consider moist air inside here.  You want to dry the air and that means using air conditioner and 25sm is not that large an area - I cool with 9,000 btu with no issues but if no insulation and windows perhaps 12,000 would be good.  Only if you need working/freezer temps below 25c would larger unit be required (we are happy at 28c for bedroom).

Edited by lopburi3

Don't bother with the one in your link..its an "evaporative cooler"  which doesn't work at all well in a humid country like Thailand.
If you want cool and less humid air ( proper aircon) you need a split unit aircon...Mitsubishi, Daikin,Carrier,York etc  inverter can save a bit on electricity..but more expensive to buy initially and more electronics to go wrong.
1684582874_51H9i4tpsL._SX425_.jpg.44a62941686b31a86adb48921280abf5.jpg

Yup I bought one of those evaporative coolers, complete waste of money.
Fell into the trap of seeing one on display in Robinson’s that seemed to be putting out cool air,
of course the store had air conditioner so it was only pushing out the cool air. Put one in a hot environment and it just recycles the hot air.
They say you can put ice in the back, or iced water, but believe me, it ain’t much better !!
  • Thanks 1

A dehumidifier goes a pretty long way to making a space livable, but it will increase the temperature in the process. Air con is a better investment if you want less than 30 inside with 50% relative humidity. Just a circulation fan compensates some, but it is limited when you have high humidity and temperature. 

i do not want to buy her an aircon
thius is a thai style room
im talking about fan from home pro 
not air con

When I first came here I stayed in a “ fan room “ with the gf , just a ceiling fan, for about a month.
I found it unbearable and looked for an evaporative cooler ( similar to your link in the op ), found one, a Clarte’, but found it was not a great deal of use . A simple fan , 14” or 16”, does the job equally if not better.

I still have the cooler but it’s now demoted to the guest bedroom and only gets used on the rare occasions we have visitors, the room also has aircon so that further diminishes its use.

Having said that, if you are adamant that this is what you want take a look at them in the store ( bear in mind that the store probably has aircon running in the background ).
To run them most effectively you need cold , or even iced , water and the back of the cooler should be in front of an open door or window to suck in cool air.