Driver who hit man sitting on Chonburi bypass to be charged with negligence causing death

webfact

Driver who hit man sitting on Chonburi bypass to be charged with negligence causing death

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The police officer in charge of the case of a man who had argued with his wife and was sitting on the Chonburi bypass has said that the driver who hit him will be charged with negligent driving causing death. 

Thanyawit Sriduangjan, 26, had argued with his wife and was sitting in the road outside Kasikorn Bank to "get back at her".

One driver avoided him and took a picture of him sitting in the road - another didn't. 

Pol Lt-Col Siwakorn Janthamenchai of the Muang Chonburi police who is in charge of the case told Daily News that he has not yet interviewed the relatives as they are sad and grieving. 

No charges have yet been made but the driver of the car that hit Thanyawit would face charges of negligent driving causing death.

That was the law, he said. It would be up to the court to decide if there were extenuating circumstances regarding the culpability of the driver. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-06

I hate to beat a dead horse here but shouldn't they have thrown the book at that Vorayuth Yoovidhya bloke like they are looking to do to a guy who appears to have crashed into a prone man hellbent on injuring / killing himself.

Absolute BS. As per from this shower of an organization

18 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Obviously the driver was not driving a Mercedes-Benz nor a BMW or any other upmarket vehicle in order for the police to say that he/she will be charged because as we all know those type of people are innocent of everything.

..or in their 30s of a so-called HISO family relationship...post-7852-0-89766500-1428378609_thumb.jpg

I rarely side with incompetent nincompoop Thai drivers... but

its a bit harsh, Nutcase tries to kill himself(and succeeds) by getting run over.

Sadly guy in car not rich enough to buy required  justice!

4 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

The man who stopped to take a picture and speak to the man in the street needed to do more.

A man sitting in the street needs help.

At least he didn't make a Tick Tock video of the situation.

22 minutes ago, poohy said:

I rarely side with incompetent nincompoop Thai drivers... but

its a bit harsh, Nutcase tries to kill himself(and succeeds) by getting run over.

Sadly guy in car not rich enough to buy required  justice!

But the nutcase was sitting on the road. He didn't run onto the road.

Every driver should be able to stop for any not moving "obstacle" on the road. If the driver was not able to do that then he didn't pay attention.

I agree that nobody can really expect a guy sitting in the middle of the road. But if there would have been i.e. a boulder which fell from a truck then the car should have been able to stop. At least that is what I learned in driving school long time ago.

The rescue services performed CPR on Thanawit Sriduangjan, 26, who had a head injury and broken arm. While this was going on his wife was in floods of tears being console by friends just yards from the scene.

What did the wife do to try to help him off the road, besides crying when it was too late?

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

The guy standing by taking photos is at fault also.  Why not try to get the other drivers attention to warn them of danger ahead.  Maybe he thought the flash of his camera was enough.  

Sounds like a good job for his concerned wife.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

hat was the law, he said. It would be up to the court to decide if there were extenuating circumstances regarding the culpability of the driver. 

I guess that's fair, I know he was sitting in the road but then again a driver should be aware of what's in the road... up to court to decide proportional blame.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Every driver should be able to stop for any not moving "obstacle" on the road. If the driver was not able to do that then he didn't pay attention.

I agree that nobody can really expect a guy sitting in the middle of the road. But if there would have been i.e. a boulder which fell from a truck then the car should have been able to stop. At least that is what I learned in driving school long time ago.

Bull sh-t

8 minutes ago, TheHangingJudge said:

That’s a bit harsh to say the least.

Driver would not be expecting a Muppet sitting in middle of the road.

This is Thailand......................................... the expectation would be much higher here....

Say what! A dude sits in the middle of a road n gets run over and the driver gets charged!!!

does this mean he is suspected to have made no attempt to avoid or brake or something and deliberately run over the guy ????

If not <deleted>!!!????!!!!!

This is not a TIT thing. In Switzerland a driver got sentenced for running over a Girl (and killing her) who was lying on the Highway at night. Rule was, you have to be able to stop, even on a highway and at night. 

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I guess that's fair, I know he was sitting in the road but then again a driver should be aware of what's in the road... up to court to decide proportional blame.

Simple, in the first instance up to the police or other prosecuting authorities to collect the evidence then consider what charges and if there be a reasonable chance of a successful prosecution.  that's not rocket science.

To me the only charge could be something like "causing death by driving without due care and attention" unless there was evidence that he was driving in a reckless manor.

Respective of what the law says, one should not drive any faster than one could safely stop within the extents of the visually clear road ahead, common sense.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

May I point out that it was dark and the sitter did not have a red light or reflector on his forehead...????

Archived