Ubon: Flummoxed! Drivers unable to use their car remotes

webfact

Ubon: Flummoxed! Drivers unable to use their car remotes

8pm.jpg

Picture:: 77kaoded

Police were called to the offices of the Ubon Ratchathani health department on Monday evening after ten drivers said they could neither open their car doors nor shut them using their remotes. 

There were fears that a thief had set up a signal in the area. 

77khaoded reported that the drivers and the cops were all thoroughly flummoxed. 

So they called in an expert from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission who tested frequencies in the area and found nothing untoward. 

He too was a tad flummoxed. 

He suggested that it might have been caused by a an old remote control on the blink affecting the others. 

Ten vehicles in a 30 meter area were affected - they included pick-ups, sedans and red plate (new) vehicles.

Are you flummoxed...or do you have the answer?

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-06
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Most school children in the UK 60 years ago  would have known this word.

Too right. I certainly knew and used flummox(ed) 

My old dad used it a lot. "Don't ask me son, I'm bally flummoxed'. (said with a broad Lancashire accent)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Am I the only one here who has learnt a new word today?

Screenshot 2019-08-06 14.45.29.png

Glad to be of service. 

From a Scrabble playing perspective it is a great word because the word LUMMOX (meaning a fool) is also acceptable. 

So if you ever get the chance play LUMMOX then really FLUMMOX your opponent and make him look silly by adding FOOL as a front hook for a great score. 

Rooster

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:
12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought it was an unleavened loaf of bread?

And I thought that 'unleavened' meant someone who remained where they were.

Nah, that's uneducated or even stationary, but not stationery as that envelops all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the cops were all thoroughly flummoxed

1 hour ago, webfact said:

So they called in an expert from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission who tested frequencies in the area and found nothing untoward. 

He too was a tad flummoxed

Flummox , Lummox can we introduce bollux as well .. 

There's obviously a mischievous hitherto unknown about ghost with Ill intent messing about here .. 

Get an exorcist in to perform in the 30 mtr area then Bib's you're uncle .. But remember to get a pic' first to add to the Pee book for circulation amongst the people's before banishment commences .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In the past I've read news reports of thieves using a transmitter to block the signal from the car remote to the car.

What they were doing in this instance, was drivers were thinking their car was locked via the remote, but it did nothing. The unit belonging to the thieves sounded a 'bleep' as if the car was confirming the doors were locked.

When the driver walked away (usually in a multi-storey car park) the thieves would just open the unlocked door and steal any valuables/accessories inside the car.

Ever since that, my wife and I lock the car doors with the remote, then lift the door handle to check it is locked.

All well and good if you are not alone. New key remotes now unlock the door automatically when tried if the key is in the vacinity, making it almost impossible to check it by yourself. They call it progress....

• Sad 1

Hmm I had the same problem at CNX market garden 2 days ago. But I used the key to lock and unlock the car. Once out of the area the remote all worked fine again; so unflummoxed, lol. Just gave me a heads up how lazy we have become.

agree , was used a lot in the west country in the past, it meant *puzzled* now its <deleted>, lol i just knew that would not get through, its 3 letters, guess the rest ha ha

Edited by mercman24

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I wonder if they tried putting the key in that little slot called the door lock and turning it either clockwise or anti clockwise. They could avoid being flummoxed with a little ingenuity!

You try undoing my car lock with a key after remote locking and all you will get is a wailing alarm!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hellstens said:

Good idea to check if there is an Transmitter or a repeater in the aria, that can block the signal

The transmitter I was talking about is a small hand-held device, built specifically for car alarms. You can't check if there is someone nearby with one.

Back in 1999 T plate, i had a new Range Rover (no i don't no why either) its first good run was down to spain for a couple of weeks, unfortunately picked a nail up and into the tyre shop we went, 1 new tyre later turned the ign and security locked came up on the LCD to cut a painful storey short it proved to be the electronic balancer and had happened to this tyre shop before, to solve and reset the problem was a call to the UK supplying dealer and then the following or similar ,  insert key in drivers door lock turn to the left 4 times then to the right twice then back to the left 4 times and to the right etc etc etc and all of a sudden it went beep beep and broke into life, on the same trip the electric suspension failed to operate and the water pump gasket gave up, bloody thing soon got shot and lost a fortune.