British Ex-Forces Pension Paid Directly Into Thai Bank Account

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

mine shows as domestic transfer K BANK   BKK TO LOCAL BRANCH

Many thanks for thanks for that. Would you mind me asking does it always show as K bank first or is it routed other ways? I'm wondering if to open K Bank account and send directly as you may have heard about TransferWise routing last month. 

dont really know  says internal money transfer and a few digits added 

if i used the monthly foreign transfer for my extension  i guess i would take more notice  i read that money wise have some way to show out of country transfers with Bangkok bank  but K bank seem to be less efficient maybe contact them for a solution  but dont expect much  comprehension with local staff  best use their phone help line using the english 9 button i think

14 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

dont really know  says internal money transfer and a few digits added 

if i used the monthly foreign transfer for my extension  i guess i would take more notice  i read that money wise have some way to show out of country transfers with Bangkok bank  but K bank seem to be less efficient maybe contact them for a solution  but dont expect much  comprehension with local staff  best use their phone help line using the english 9 button i think

????

I looked into doing this a few years back but the exchange rates were not as good at that time it was better to send over £s and have it converted ( equinity claim that they can give a better rate due to the amount of money they send to overseas pensioners ) ! If your service pension covers the amount required for Thailand maybe you could get the provider to show a printout of transfer of funds over to Thailand . I assume that at the end of the U.K. tax year you get different pension letters along with P60 maybe it’s worth showing immigration these when re applying for your extension of stay . 

Edited by crazykopite