Hotel check in with 2 days overstay

I am on my way from Kk to Bangkok and i decided to sleep one night in an hotel in the city of Chum Pae: i am on my way back to my country but i am on 2 days overstay. Will be for one night only. Will be a risk?

Very unlikely to be an issue. You're on your way to the airport, which is quite a way, they can't expect you to sleep on the street. I've met people in guest houses in Bangkok who were on much longer overstays. Even if immigration get wind of it, by the time they get there you will be out of the country and will have paid your small fine at the airport. As I understand it, at Suvarnabhumi when you go to the desk to pay the fine, they don't even ask why you overstayed, so you don't need an excuse, you'll just need 1500 Baht for your 3 day overstay.

Edited by SteveK

Maybe i write something stupid: i will check around 1 pm and will leave the next morning around 9 am. In this lack of time, even if they send all my information, immigration will have the time to come and check?

Just now, Tayida said:

Maybe i write something stupid: i will check around 1 pm and will leave the next morning around 9 am. In this lack of time, even if they send all my information, immigration will have the time to come and check?

Incredibly unlikely! Forget about it and try and enjoy your last night.

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Very unlikely to be an issue. You're on your way to the airport, which is quite a way, they can't expect you to sleep on the street. I've met people in guest houses in Bangkok who were on much longer overstays. Even if immigration get wind of it, by the time they get there you will be out of the country and will have paid your small fine at the airport. As I understand it, at Suvarnabhumi when you go to the desk to pay the fine, they don't even ask why you overstayed, so you don't need an excuse, you'll just need 1500 Baht for your 3 day overstay.

Thank you

Since they have a computer system to report they can report you at an instant and if you overstay they can see it right away. If you check Thai visa now they even have a team of people catching people who overstay on the way to the airport. Most of the time small local highway hotels or smaller hotels do not report to immigration. If your hotel ask for passport i would say your friend has it and you change to another hotel.