Annual Extn Retirement & Dependent 800K Rules X-check (Chiang Mai)

Both Brits, wanting to be sure of the impact of new rules for annual extension.  (I think we can still go 45 days early in Chiang Mai.)

Current permitted to stay date 23 December. 

Let's assume we renew 30 days early - that would be 23 November. 

Q1 - The 800k must be in the bank 2 months before filing date - I presume "filing date" would be 23 November?

Q2 - The 800k must stay in the bank for 3 months after being "granted permission" - can we assume that the "granted permission date" in my example would also be 23 November or would it be (or could it be deemed by any immigration officer to be) the normal renewal date of 23 December?

The balance must never then drop below 400k until the next annual cycle starts.

Thanks in advance.

personally  id  go  there  get  the IO officers  name and  check what they  want on  their  patch,  the  names  important  so  when  a different  one  tells   you  otherwise  later  you  can  refer  back  to who  you  spoke  with.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tomdfc said:

Q1 - The 800k must be in the bank 2 months before filing date - I presume "filing date" would be 23 November?

Q2 - The 800k must stay in the bank for 3 months after being "granted permission" - can we assume that the "granted permission date" in my example would also be 23 November or would it be (or could it be deemed by any immigration officer to be) the normal renewal date of 23 December?

1. It is 2 months before the date you apply for the extension which would be November 23rd.

2. Yes

After 3 the months you reduce to as low as 400k baht until you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

• Like 1

If I was doing a retirement extension I would just let an agent do it all for me including 90 day reports. Wouldn't need to attend TI at all.

If you do 90 day reports on line then you would only need to worry at your annual extension.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:25 PM, gunderhill said:

personally  id  go  there  get  the IO officers  name and  check what they  want on  their  patch,  the  names  important  so  when  a different  one  tells   you  otherwise  later  you  can  refer  back  to who  you  spoke  with.

I have thought about that for the TM30, but do you think an officer is going to just give you their name? I went to my local IO recently and the two officers present were just wearing T shirts and Jeans.

If I was doing a retirement extension I would just let an agent do it all for me including 90 day reports. Wouldn't need to attend TI at all.
If you do 90 day reports on line then you would only need to worry at your annual extension.

I’m not a rich man but would definitely be poorer if I were to pay an agent 12-15k baht for half a day’s unskilled labour.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have thought about that for the TM30, but do you think an officer is going to just give you their name? I went to my local IO recently and the two officers present were just wearing T shirts and Jeans.

Hua  Hin have their names on their "uniform" if  your lot  have jeans and T  shirts  i cant help you.

43 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I went to my local IO recently and the two officers present were just wearing T shirts and Jeans.

So much for attiring ourselves in our smartest tuxedo jackets and dicky-bow ties as some on here appear to insist on us all doing for our trips to Immigration, then!????

Edited by OJAS

45 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So much for attiring ourselves in our smartest tuxedo jackets and dicky-bow ties as some on here appear to insist on us all doing for our trips to Immigration, then!????

There you go then.????