Foreigner also to be charged after head stomped by Bangla security guard

snoop1130

Foreigner also to be charged after head stomped by Bangla security guard

By The Phuket News

1565260496_1-org.jpg

The incident, in Soi Seadragon off Bangla Rd, Patong, was caught on video by a bystander. Screengrab: Supplied

PHUKET:-- A foreign man who had his head stomped by a Bangla security guard while he was still on the ground during an fight early this morning will also be charged with fighting, the Patong Police Chief has confirmed to The Phuket News.

The incident happened along Soi Seadragon, a small sides street of bars off Bangla Rd, at 1am today (Aug 8), Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee confirmed.

“It was just an argument,” Col Anotai said, though a video recording of the incident provided to The Phuket News clearly showed the security knocking the foreign man to the ground then stomping on his head before being separated by bystanders along the soi.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/foreigner-also-to-be-charged-after-head-stomped-by-bangla-security-guard-72449.php#87vbqvMmww7Q4G8Q.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-08

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, E020 said:

Probably some drunk bloke asking for it.. if you dont do crazy you wont get in troubles in the world.. he must have deserved it..

Oh BS ...if you are in the bar business number one, expect to have drunk people doing what they do sometimes when not at their best.  Thai “security” are sometimes just looking for any excuse to give a farang a beating.  Just like this ...he stomped his head??  What possible excuse would he have for that???

You can kill someone doing that ...and all a Thai needs to see, is a person on the ground, and your head will be kicked or stomped ...watch out, that to me is attempted murder, usually a whole pack will come in to offer their gracious kicks to the head.  Yes, drunks talking shit deserve that, how compassionate of you!!

I stopped a group beating a drunken idiot, once they started breaking chairs over him, tired of kicking him even ...they started breaking furniture, I was so shocked,  I ran up to them and in between yelling to stop, and they stopped !!!  The guy got some time to get up and escape.

Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death?  I’ve seen it nearly, several times now, not always Thailand, once a mafia guy in Bali.

The police even charging the guy with the video evidence described is just a joke. Do they not realise how stupid they look when they do such things?  Reminds me of the case of the 'disappearing' DNA evidence in the Koh Tao murder case........ do they think people actually believe these things?

7 hours ago, amykat said:

Just like this ...he stomped his head??  What possible excuse would he have for that???

Why do you think this is about an excuse for that? It clearly stands that bystanders went in and took him away. Probably because they believed his actions were wrong. You can read that he is beeing charged for that, due to that the foreigner "also" beeing charged. 

The thing is there is talk about they made injury to and fighted each other. If so, one wrong does not take away another.

Sometimes I wish the posters here could stop taking sides, without having any kind of facts to back it up.

9 hours ago, E020 said:

Probably some drunk bloke asking for it.. if you dont do crazy you wont get in troubles in the world.. he must have deserved it..

yes, of course.  he probably did not wai in exactly the correct manner, or even worse, he may have asked for exorbitant charges on his bill to be explained.  clearly his fault.   i myself always strive to keep a very low and polite profile in thailand, nevertheless, i have come within an inch of being attacked by violent goons in thailand , one time i accidentally walked thru the wrong door in some club in bangkok, the other time, a muay thai style of goon who was affiliated with the taxi mafia guys on soi 11, i believe, confronted and threatened me because, after i checked out of a hotel, i had the audacity to not take one of the soi 11 taxi goons' taxi to the airport, when i could walk one block and catch a normal taxi for 1/3 the cost , up on sukumvit. 

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sometimes I wish the posters here could stop taking sides, without having any kind of facts to back it up.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Probably because they believed his actions were wrong.

:coffee1:????

I’ll never argue with a security guard regardless of who is right or wrong. I’m not sure how many of you saw the video a couple of years ago about the Thai man trying to drive into his Moohbaahn but is stopped by security to show his ID. The guy is drunk and they start arguing. The security walks over and gets a pistol and shoots the guy in the head point blank range. He even comes and gives him a kick in the head after he’s already dead. Shot dead in front of his own house for arguing. 

Thais know they can hurt us, sometimes badly, and get away with it. These kind of incidents reinforce in their minds that they can get away with it with a small penalty or no penalty at all. But if a farang hurts a thai, believe that that guy is going in.

36 minutes ago, iko said:

head stomping is over the top; but after 13 years in patong (and some thousand nights in Bangla) I can say that farang-beatings never come un-provoked. we all know that.

Never ?? Give me a break.. 

I lived here for over 20 yrs.... have never been in a physical altercation. Have I argued?, yes, have I been scammed?, yes.  But, have never even been touched in an angered situation.  Except by my wife who pinches me on occasion. If you put yourself in un-controllable situation, things can lead to uncontrolled situations.  I’ve seen idiots get drunk and do really stupid things, from this point anything can happen.  Too many idiots feel they can get drunk and get a pass on being stupid.  If you’re going to get drunk be smart enough to bring a babysitter big enough and responsible enough to throw you over his shoulder and take care of your stupid drunken ass.

I dont understand why Thai tourism numbers are down.

Where else in the world can you be overcharged by a taxi to go to bar where you can pay high prices to drink bad beer in the company of elderly fat women, and have your head stomped on for free at the end of the evening? People should be flocking here in droves.

The article says the foreigner is an expat who owns a business in Thailand.  It doesn't say what business or where, but perhaps a competing bar?  

As for the foreigner being charged I think it would depend on who started the physical altercation.  But head stomping should be seen as attempted murder because it easily can lead to death or permanent damage.

The security guards/touts on Soi Bangla are the most aggressive I have ever seen. As a matter of fact, calling them security guards gotta be a joke. To be hired by a Bangla bar, all you need is to be as pushy as hell and despise farangs, and that is saying a lot in a country as xenophobic as Thailand. 

That, of course, doesn't mean that the Farang was completely blameless in this particular incident (LOS seems to attract a lot of 'high quality' farangs), but my money would be on the 'security guard' being the main aggressor. 

42 minutes ago, Rawnthai said:

I lived here for over 20 yrs.... have never been in a physical altercation. Have I argued?, yes, have I been scammed?, yes.  But, have never even been touched in an angered situation.  Except by my wife who pinches me on occasion. If you put yourself in un-controllable situation, things can lead to uncontrolled situations.  I’ve seen idiots get drunk and do really stupid things, from this point anything can happen.  Too many idiots feel they can get drunk and get a pass on being stupid.  If you’re going to get drunk be smart enough to bring a babysitter big enough and responsible enough to throw you over his shoulder and take care of your stupid drunken ass.

Let me guess, you spent those 20 years in a Thai monastery? Or, do you look like Mike Tyson? 

12 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

No video?

Do expats in Thailand need to stick together and start wearing bodycams to protect one another.

What kind of footage could be accrued and what effect could it have.

stop being lazy click on the link and get more of the story

It's Incidents like this, when shared on social media to the world, that affects tourist's decisions to either come to Thailand or bypass it totally and choose another destination.. 

That the police could charge the foreigner who's getting his head stomped on by security is an absolute joke.. And TAT is wondering why tourist nos are well down on last year.. 

Archived