Filling in Online TM30

I just returned from a domestic trip.  I live in CM where the IO told me that I needed to do a TM30 after a domestic travel.  The online form is a bit confusing.  It almost looks like it is set up for foreign travel.  I have attached 2 pages of the pertinent requested information.

Here is what I need clarified, or do I just do the stared lines and leave the others blank.

check-in date         check in where

Check-out date       check out of what

TM6 number          would that be my original TM6

Arrival date            The date I returned

Port of entry          my local airport

Relation                self

Spreadsheet          do I just use my own information

P2.JPG

P1.JPG

54 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I live in CM where the IO told me that I needed to do a TM30 after a domestic travel.

This surprised me, because the last time i asked they told me it's not required, but seems to be the case now:

Edited by jackdd

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This surprised me, because the last time i asked they told me it's not required, but seems to be the case now:

Well, I guess that I am about to find out.  I find the actual online form impossible to fill out.  I tried every combination of entries but could not get it correct.  i  kept getting information in sequence 1 is incorrect but does not tell where the error is.  The dates make no sense.  For the box labeled check in date, if I enter anything other than today or yesterday I will get an error that it has to be within 24 hours.  There is a drop down list, that cannot be avoided, for the port of entry, chiang mai airport is not listed and the search appears to be in Thai only.

• Haha 1

Check in is date you arrived home. 

Check out put your until date on permission of stay stamp.

TM6 # is current tm6 you have in pp.

Date I returned is date you arrived back home. Should be same as entry date stamp if return was from international trip.

Edited by DrJack54

It was domestic and there is no place to enter "date I returned".

I will try to enter the check out date as you suggested.

When the date of arrival and the visa type is entered the expire date of stay is automatically filled in.

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Check in is date you arrived home. 

Check out put your until date on permission of stay stamp.

TM6 # is current tm6 you have in pp.

Date I returned is date you arrived back home. Should be same as entry date stamp if return was from international trip.

Same error when I go to record, sequence 1 is incorrect.  The data that gets entered seems correct except the entry for the port of entry does not get entered even if I add it again or leave it blank.  There id no entry point for CM airport, only for the immigration office.

Edited by AAArdvark

26 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

It was domestic and there is no place to enter "date I returned".

I will try to enter the check out date as you suggested.

When the date of arrival and the visa type is entered the expire date of stay is automatically filled in.

There is no "date I returned" But there is a date of arrival.  Thinking logically they could be the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Same error when I go to record, sequence 1 is incorrect.  The data that gets entered seems correct except the entry for the port of entry does not get entered even if I add it again.  There id no entry point for CM airport, only for the immigration office.

When you registered you got an immigration department number. I would imagine that is the number to put in there. Mine would be number 2 if I ever get approved.

2 hours ago, berybert said:

When you registered you got an immigration department number. I would imagine that is the number to put in there. Mine would be number 2 if I ever get approved.

Unfortunately, I did the registration a while ago and I don't remember what the number was.  I used 9 which was the only one on the list except Chiang Mai University.  It will accept that in the form but will not enter it in the spread sheet.

2 hours ago, berybert said:

There is no "date I returned" But there is a date of arrival.  Thinking logically they could be the same thing. 

And that is what I entered.  Dr Jack suggested "Date I returned is date you arrived back home. Should be same as entry date stamp if return was from international trip."  It was not an international trip. So it was a bit confusing.  But in any event, whatever dates I use, I still get the error.  I guess it is too much to ask for the error to simply state what the error was.

8 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

And that is what I entered.  Dr Jack suggested "Date I returned is date you arrived back home. Should be same as entry date stamp if return was from international trip."  It was not an international trip. So it was a bit confusing.  But in any event, whatever dates I use, I still get the error.  I guess it is too much to ask for the error to simply state what the error was.

I realize this reply is not what you specifically asked about.....however what would happen if you disregarded anything to do with tm30, until most recent return to "home" (both domestic and international) then you trot  off to CM imm to file tm30 prior to your visit for next extension. Possible?

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize this reply is not what you specifically asked about.....however what would happen if you disregarded anything to do with tm30, until most recent return to "home" (both domestic and international) then you trot  off to CM imm to file tm30 prior to your visit for next extension. Possible?

Yes it is it is possible but I would be fined.  The whole idea about doing it online was to avoid having to go to immigration and having to go there within 24 hours.

27 minutes ago, guru said:

I find the phone app more user friendly than the website. Maybe will work for the fields you are struggling with? App is called section38.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"Incomparable with all my devices."

18 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

I got the same error when using Chrome; use IE instead and it worked first time ????

I use an ie emulator and it seemed to work except without chrome I don't get a translation.

I tried the phone app from my BKK flat and it refused to let me download as it said I wasn't in Thailand. PS I know someone has come up with an IT solution to this but seriously these app's & online forms are pathetic. I am sending all mine in by post, why they want perhaps 20 envelopes a year for processing I don't know...,.

17 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I tried the phone app from my BKK flat and it refused to let me download as it said I wasn't in Thailand. PS I know someone has come up with an IT solution to this but seriously these app's & online forms are pathetic. I am sending all mine in by post, why they want perhaps 20 envelopes a year for processing I don't know...,.

Is there a procedure somewhere on how to do a TM30 by post?  And how can you do it by post within 24 hours?

• 1 year later...